What stock bike will a stock Rocket not beat ?

I have a 2009 R3T, and a 2007 'Busa. Both are showroom stock.

The 'Busa seems MUCH faster to me. No contest. But that's obviously based strictly on my very own butt-o-meter, and nothing scientific. The R3T does very, very well up to about 90, but the 'Busa just keeps on accelerating - until I run out of road, or out of nerve. It's as smoothe as silk, at whatever speed you care to ride.

However, if you gave me 3 hours to get from Knoxville to Atlanta by bike, I'd take the R3T, though. No question.

CW

I have a 2009 R3T, and a 2007 'Busa. Both are showroom stock.

The 'Busa seems MUCH faster to me. No contest. But that's obviously based strictly on my very own butt-o-meter, and nothing scientific. The R3T does very, very well up to about 90, but the 'Busa just keeps on accelerating - until I run out of road, or out of nerve. It's as smoothe as silk, at whatever speed you care to ride.

However, if you gave me 3 hours to get from Knoxville to Atlanta by bike, I'd take the R3T, though. No question.

CW
A bone stock R3 won't feel really quick off the line, it's got a built in safety power reduction of 7% programed from the factory. If you want to keep your bike stock but release the potential it really has in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, I recommend a GiPro.
That little 7% is the difference between going full out with no worries and going full out with the front wheel in the air or the tire spinning. Believe me, that extra goose goes along way!

If you let her breath with exhaust, intake and more fuel ... it's been nicknamed "Hyabusa Killer". It won't kill one in the quarter, but it'll wipe their ass in the eighth for sure. It's missing that extra gear that gives high end performance since peak torque is reached under 3000 rpm. From 0 to 100 nothing has kept up with me yet .... even the 9 second quarter bikes aren't ahead until after half way. They start to pull away to 9.9 seconds vs my 10.8 late in the quarter.

Back