Where to get electrical connector

Not to get off subject here but seeing your quote under the lil guy. I just finished replacing the stator on my R3 (man that was fun, lets do that again), so i replaced the reg/rec with the 32800-31J00 unit as well per your recommendation. The electrical systems just seems to "breathe" so much better. Great advice.

Not to get off subject here but seeing your quote under the lil guy. I just finished replacing the stator on my R3 (man that was fun, lets do that again), so i replaced the reg/rec with the 32800-31J00 unit as well per your recommendation. The electrical systems just seems to "breathe" so much better. Great advice.

How much mileage did you get from the original stator?

Thanks

Regardless of what it was, I don't think you can use this as a general guide to lifetime on this component

Yes, but I'm a sucker for hope.....even blatant false hope when it comes to avoiding potential nightmare scenarios of the Rocket kind. :rolleyes: I do have one positive thing in my favor.....I took your advice about replacing the rec/reg with the Suzuki item.......please don't tell me that is false hope for extending stator life. :eek:

That is the best thing you can do to enhance the reliability of the stator - you are greatly reducing the load on it making it run a lot cooler - smart investment

Last edited:
That is the best thing you can do to enhance the reliability of the stator - you are greatly reducing the load on it making it run a lot cooler - smart investment
I totally agree with Mr. DeCosse’s theory and reasoning. I had roughly 150,000 miles on the old stator ( which really pretty good as the stator goes, it was burned pretty bad from when I finally got to it), but had gone through 3 Reg/Recs. The charging of the battery was always suspect & the bike did not always perform well because of voltage issues almost frying the system at one point. I now get a solid 14.5 bat. reading and the bike just responds so much better. I truly believe the 32800 reg is a step in the RIGHT direction and not false hope. A shout out to Mr. DeCosse.

Back