Where can I find the windscreen cross pieces and uprights?

sojerguy

.020 Over
Ride
Black 2005 Rocket III
I'm planning on putting a windscreen on my bike here in Washington state (its been a wet cold-ish summer). At $599 for the windscreen (with the cross bar and uprights I assume) plus another $99 for the mounting brackets from Triumph, I thinking there's a better deal out there. All of the other windscreens say they need the brackets added to them, I assume that means the cross bar and uprights are not included.

So other than buying a full set form Triumph, what is one to do?

Yes, I believe you are correct - I haven't seen an aftermarket screen that includes the mounting frame. I use a Clearview +5 and I had to buy the Triumph Summer Screen and strip the horizontal/vertical frame from it and transfer it to my Clearview. I don't recall anyone finding a source for just the framing. maybe someone else has a better answer. Sorry. :cry:

I checked Bike Bandit OEM and even they no longer list the windshield or mounts that I could find.
Somewhere on this site is a thread by Ogre (I think, it's been a while) that shows how to modify a National Cycle shield originally meant for a Suzuki M109. Much cheaper than the OEM Triumph and I thought it worked well when I tried his bike.

Back