wheel chock?

REGULATOR

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 RIII
Anybody using some sort of stand, wheel chock etc to hold the bike upright?

I've seen some centerstand thingy made int he UK but wondering about a paddock stand or wheel chock for the front wheel,

one of these days I'll get a full table lift but for now, I guess I could buy a craftsman style lift and build the brackets to latch it on, but I have an oil change coming up soon and want to knock it out.

yeah I've seen that Abba stand little pricy, can get an air lift table and stand by the time I shipped that over.

I'm thinking about a chock that locks the front wheel in place to hold the bike upright while I remove the nuts underneath and drain oil into a pan... I've seen a nifty centerstand type attachment that was about 59.00sterling looked like a leverage stand I belive they are called....

Re the abba stand:

It's just a standard hydraulic lift (available anywhere for £50 to £90) with a couple of small steel adaptors to fit in the lugs on the R3 frame. I visited their stand at a bike show in the UK and they told me they will sell the adaptors on their own. Can't remember the exact price but it was approx £50. Wouldn't have thought that shipping to the US would be too expensive just for the adaptors.

One of the members on the UK owners site has made some similar adaptors up and he sent me a pair. They work brilliantly with a standard hydraulic lift.

If you're buying a jack/lift, make sure it compresses sufficiently to slide under the engine. I bought a nice lift for £55 plus delivery but it is about an inch too high (I've even tried taking the wheels off the chassis). I now ride the front wheel up on to a 4 inch block to give enough clearance.

The lift is not suitable for an oil change as there would be nowhere to put the oil tray.

As simonr mentioned above, I also have the adaptors from a top guy on the UK site. Without them the sump would take too much weight.

Triumph Rocket 3 AS3218 $220

http://www.andersonstands.com/harley-davidson_stands.htm

rocket3_3.jpg

lets see if I did this right..

this looks like a neat stand

Back