Something happens to the molecules. For the first 30 seconds on its side the bike's actually about half normal weight. It adds a kg per second after that so you don't have much time. After 2 hours Peter, it would weigh over 6,000 kg. You must be superman!

Mine was only on the ground for about 10 seconds I was on my feet when I was still doing about 20kph, asked Julie if she was OK, had a quick look for traffic and was back out there. Both hands on the bottom side hand grip that was ground into the bitumen and stood it up. Weeled it of the road and went back to check on Julie who by now had realised that she had torn the skin of the palm of her hand. Wrapped her hand tightly with tshirt to stop the stinging, prized the gear leaver of the enguine so I could change gears and were on our way to an ambulance station without even taking our helmets of. Wasn't till we were on our way that I realised that I had a bit of damage to. A bit of skin of the back of my hand and after Xrays 3 days later 2 broken ribs. All good fun I think.

First off; I've never dropped my bike.
Second, even if I did, I would not admit it unless there were pictures or video...
Thirdly, even if there was video I would have to conclude it was photo shopped or simply not me...:D

I think a better question is how long is your MAN Card revoked for such a serious violation?:confused:

You must be the exception .. having never dropped your bike. Hopefully if it does ever happen you will not be concerned your MAN card :rolleyes: being revoked. Happened to just about all of us and we're still pissing standing up !!!

First off; I've never dropped my bike.
Second, even if I did, I would not admit it unless there were pictures or video...
Thirdly, even if there was video I would have to conclude it was photo shopped or simply not me...:D

I think a better question is how long is your MAN Card revoked for such a serious violation?:confused:

So you have dropped your bike and your standing by rule number 2.

Dropped mine in a parking lot when a car pulled in front of me. I just made sure to leave my face shield down while I picked it up.

Me too. Backing into a parking space, some nitwit screeches by in front of me. Stopped short, foot slipped on gravel. The bike goes down very slowly and rests on the leather bags. I was so pissed I muscled it up facing it and threw out both sacroiliac joints. Wrong way to pick up the bike.

On another occasion I was returning from a wine tasting. Stopped at a light, started to turn right. The road sloped down to the curve so the bike was leaned over as a car shot by. Stopped short and the bike continued to fall over. Drunk enough to muscle the bike up without injury.

There is a correct way to lift a heavy bike without injuring yourself. There's a clip of fairly small woman doing it with her back to the bike. Make sure the engine is off and the kick stand is down.

A few years back I had the same problem with the kick stand not being all the way down and got my leg caught between the bike and a gas pump:eek: I had to yell for help to get it off of me. Funny now that I look back on it. No damage except to pride. When I first got the new R3R, the first thing I did was put crash bars on it because of being weak from chemo and radiation, I knew I'd probably need them. Not doubt about it. I was meeting up with Mexican and others at his house to go to RAA7 and I was backing out of his house on uneven pavement. Yep, gently laid her over. The crash bars did their job.

Back