PIPES

.020 Over
The unthinkable happened,---Dropping the R3 at a standstill :eek:
Has any-one here had the misfortune, and if so----how do you upright such a colossus?..Can it be done by one person?, if so what is the technique.:confused:
I managed to up-right a Gold-wing,many years ago.needless to say I was a lot younger;)

The longer it lies over the heavier it gets. Easiest way to get one up is to do it straight away while adrenalin and embarrassment are on your side. After that you need a fair bit of muscle. There is a clip on YouTube showing a technique where you push you back against the seat, grab hold and use your legs. If you're lucky it fell right side so you can put the stand down ready to catch it. If not,............

Best thing of all to do is not to drop it! :D

I've picked mine up alone several times, but on the Touring, with engine dresser bars, it really only goes to 45 degrees or so, not sure if I could do it actually laying flat on it's side.

I didn't have the kickstand down all the way in the garage a few months ago. Scared the crap out of me and I almost strained a groin to catch it but then realized it stopped on the dresser bar. I sho was happy. Stood it right back up. I can still say my bike hasn't been down yet.:D

Mine's been over three times - (one time we don't mention OK Hans??). The most difficult was backing down my driveway and the back wheel when half off the edge of the concrete just where it stepped down a few inches, Amanda on the back. She had no idea what happened and it pushed her weight sideways too. No way I could hold it so I let it go gently and it rested on the bags and dresser bars but unfortunately on a grassy downhill slope. I had to ask the missus to help me lift it :eek:.

Mine's been over three times - (one time we don't mention OK Hans??). The most difficult was backing down my driveway and the back wheel when half off the edge of the concrete just where it stepped down a few inches, Amanda on the back. She had no idea what happened and it pushed her weight sideways too. No way I could hold it so I let it go gently and it rested on the bags and dresser bars but unfortunately on a grassy downhill slope. I had to ask the missus to help me lift it :eek:.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ain't saying nothing Richard but it did look funny in a painful sort of way at least it was only pride that was damaged, I too have dropped it..:eek: wheeled it out of garage and bumped the side stand on the edge of concrete or something anyway I was on right side and let it down on to what I thought was a side stand in down position .... I nearly went over the top.. sure it probably looked funny but I was not laughing so I raced around the other side and due to dresser bars picked it up with ease .. (anger with myself will do that) must of had my Wheeties that morning:D

I didn't have the kickstand down all the way in the garage a few months ago. Scared the crap out of me and I almost strained a groin to catch it but then realized it stopped on the dresser bar. I sho was happy. Stood it right back up. I can still say my bike hasn't been down yet.:D

done the same, except i didnt put the side stand at all, just stopped the bike and walked away luckily no seen it happen, took a mighty effort to lift, needless to say i stop and think about it now.

done the same, except i didnt put the side stand at all, just stopped the bike and walked away luckily no seen it happen, took a mighty effort to lift, needless to say i stop and think about it now.

What were you thirsting for a beer or was it you had one beer to many

First off; I've never dropped my bike.
Second, even if I did, I would not admit it unless there were pictures or video...
Thirdly, even if there was video I would have to conclude it was photo shopped or simply not me...:D

I think a better question is how long is your MAN Card revoked for such a serious violation?:confused:

Back