You gotta do what you gotta do mate ,no people around to help ,stinking hot day it was and I was pretty buggered believe you me Richard when I got her going the cooler air riding home was quite a relief

While it wasn't at a complete stand still I dropped mine in a gravel parking lot. I was backing out of a park spot down a slight incline when some jackass not paying attention pulled up right behind me. The bars were turned at full lock when I hit the front brake to keep from hitting him...and the rest was pure physics. My fat bottomed girl laid over on the crash bars and I got slung off. I got up, politely refused the help of the phuking idiot that caused it in the first place and put her back right using legs and back muscles. Didn't seem to much effort at the time, but I was plenty pissed so adrenalin probably helped.

Having crash bars certainly would be an advantage when they decide to 'have a lay down' ... i don't have crash bars.

Ha, the day I picked up my new R3T last year I stopped at a friends on the way home. I was turning it around to the right in his back parking lot and it got over too far:) Down she went. Jim was not home and I looked over at the neighbors and reefed it up in a hurry. ****ed if I was going to let Jim come home and see me trying to lift it! Definitely the adrenaline was pumping from embarrassment:)

I've found once your Rocket is past that point of no return it's best to just dismount with as much dignity as possible and hope to hell a crowd did not witness the debarkle :eek: it's best to try and channel your 'inner ninja' at the dismount moment .. best i've come up with !!

Unfortunately my inner ninja was on holiday. I unfolded off my girl with all the dignity of a cheap broken lawn chair :eek: Landed mostly on my face...did have a very satisfying meeting of the minds with the d!ckhead that caused it tho...:kk:

Ride more............

The longer it lies over the heavier it gets. Easiest way to get one up is to do it straight away while adrenalin and embarrassment are on your side. After that you need a fair bit of muscle. There is a clip on YouTube showing a technique where you push you back against the seat, grab hold and use your legs. If you're lucky it fell right side so you can put the stand down ready to catch it. If not,............

Best thing of all to do is not to drop it! :D

Heavy bikes and gravel parking lots........damp grass...........drunk........showoffs........and of course the showoff doing a burnout and dumps............seen it all and try to avoid all of above. Have been unsuccessful tho.

The R3T got me late last fall in a gravel parking lot that had a good slope to it (try to avoid these at all cost) Just remember,,,,,,,small pebbles are like ball bearings under your boots. I didn't feel too bad,,,,,,,,three other bikes got dropped for same reason and the R3 was the only one with no visible damage (except my ego)
Anyway.....if you have never dropped a bike you probably are not much of a rider. Chalk it up to SH!T happens and ride on.

Only dropped her once (so far!)...some idiot decided to make a U-turn (they had a red arrow) from opposite direction. Approaching the intersection doing about 50mph, saw it coming, had no way out with a car in the right lane next to me. Forced to lock it up and go toward the median. Luckily she came to rest with the bottom of the foot board on top of the curb. The car that had been next to me stopped to check on me (right nice of them though I waived them off; idiot even turned wide and ran them through the shoulder:eek:). I jumped up quickly, lifted the bike (yep, anger and adrenaline :D) and proceeded to try and chase down the SOB! Lost them in a motel parking lot they I had seen them pull into :mad:
Can say one thing for the beast though, one small scratch and chip on front fender and of course the bottom of the board took yet more of a beating, but otherwise, she came out well!

Back