What do you wear when it's hot riding your rocket ?

Always thought these would be good for the odd hot day. This on and some lose fitting shirt over the top, almost like an exoskeleton
51d3swwE+KL.jpg

TECNIK make a great mesh jacket , had one for a few years .. got a vented leather jacket from them as well. They make quality gear, triple stitched where they need to be... and not over the top expensive either.

I have a Motoport jacket and overpants - the mesh Kevlar.

In summer I wear it over tshirt and shorts or swim shorts. It's such a loose mesh it feels like wearing nothing, but incredibly strong, with good armour.

I've ridden to the beach, stripped off, swam and gone home wet with no issues.

Always full face, I'm too pretty to lose my jaw.

I've been looking for a good long sleeve Kevlar t-shirt. Until I find one, I won't ride without the jacket (along with all other gear). I've recently tried the Kevlar jeans and really like them. Not as warm as my padded textiles (nor waterproof), but just as cool as plain jeans with a lot more protection.

I've been looking for a good long sleeve Kevlar t-shirt. Until I find one, I won't ride without the jacket (along with all other gear). I've recently tried the Kevlar jeans and really like them. Not as warm as my padded textiles (nor waterproof), but just as cool as plain jeans with a lot more protection.

Motoport sell a Kevlar shirt. Stretch Motor Shirt | Motoport USA is probably closest to a t-shirt type material. The mesh kevlar is cooler, but feels like a cheese-grater.

Although they sell it as a dress-shirt type cut, given how much customization is available from them, they'd probably be able to loose the collar and pockets and turn it into a long-sleeved tshirt very easily.

No padding, but great abrasion resistance. You'd be bruised, but skin intact.

Last edited:
Always thought these would be good for the odd hot day. This on and some lose fitting shirt over the top, almost like an exoskeleton
51d3swwE+KL.jpg

Falling into the motorcycle messenger business back in the late 80's here in SoCal I quickly realized need for such a garment shagging offices during the dog days. Sadly there was nothing of the like to be had in motosport evolution at that time. Being a former motocrosser & desert racer I purchased a protective but innocuous off-road chest/shoulder/back protector and elbow guards and wore oversized long sleeve shirts over top so I didn't look like Robo-cop walking into business offices and court houses(just handsomely "buffed":D).
It was lightweight, inexpensive, flowed air, and saved my bacon one afternoon on the 101 Frwy in Ventura.

Back