What do you wear when it's hot riding your rocket ?

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
He in the UK the amount of riders that you see on a hot day with shorts and a t shirt seems to have risen..I did see the other day a guy on a Harley wearing just shorts,deck shoes and a helmet.

After seeing some of my mates in my early days of riding motorcycles sliding down the tarmac removing skin and bone....Always and even on the hottest day it's leather jacket,draggin jeans,gloves,boots and the helmet for me.

He in the UK the amount of riders that you see on a hot day with shorts and a t shirt seems to have risen..I did see the other day a guy on a Harley wearing just shorts,deck shoes and a helmet.

After seeing some of my mates in my early days of riding motorcycles sliding down the tarmac removing skin and bone....Always and even on the hottest day it's leather jacket,draggin jeans,gloves,boots and the helmet for me.
Same as you, no matter how hot it's not worth the risk. if it's too hot i just go for a swim rather than a ride....

My daughter decided she wanted to try riding with me yesterday. Had everything for her but a spare jacket so she wore mine. Felt completely naked the whole ride. It was 40C and I'd still rather had my gear on! On the bright side, she loved it! She hadn't ridden with me in 8 years and it scared back then when she was so little.
Get summer weight mesh and stay out of the city when it's hot. As long as you're moving its never too hot ;)

I made the mistake of slipping off my leather jacket and jeans for shorts and a polo shirt one hot day back in the late 90's. A couple of hundred metres down the road a large dog decided to run out in front of me and say no more, I left a skin mark on the road. Idiot idiot idiot!
For me as a weekend warrior, if it's too hot to ride with all the gear, I'm not going to bother.

When I was a young bloke and was shopping for my first Leather Jacket bout 1983. I went to a bike shop and saw a cool locally made Brando style leather jacket (Still have it). I asked the bloke how much was it worth...? He said 10 grand...of I asked what did you say? He answer sealed it for me, 10 grand is the price of a skin graft, thats what its worth, it costs $170. Bought it wore it all the time, have a Rivet jacket now still wear it all of the time.

Me???---I always wear leather jacket---and at the very least, Dragon jeans,with force-field knee pads,--L/boots &gloves--(lid. of course)

Way I sees it--- I'd rather sweat me nads off, than scrape 'em off on the black-stuff:eek:

Do ya think perhaps, those who have shaken hands with the road,are kinda--once bitten,--twice shy??o_O

Juss a little tip... I came off many years ago--- ordinary jeans !! but had a nylon comb in the backside pocket--- sliding on me arris shaved the comb down to a point, but didn't get through to the flesh.. saved me arse it did, carries one in each back pocket ever since..(in me Dragons)

nb-- Don't carry coins in the back pocket,----in a slide, they go red-hot, an' you'll be (minted fer life) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back