What are these things hooked to my headlights

Kevdog

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hoping some of you can help me out.
I inherited an 05 from my father in law and he has done a few mods.
The headlights weren't working properly and I found all this stuff in the picture crammed in behind the headlights, as you can see in the pic one of the black boxes has ballooned on the corner.
I'm not sure if this was done to protect the ignition switch (one has been added to the side already) or is it just power for the bulbs.
All i want to do is bring it back to stock but I think he has added extra wires that connect both head lights.
Please take a look at the picks and let me know if I can just unplug the other wires and put in standard bulbs and have both hi and low beams.... Thanks
IMG_4391[1].JPG
IMG_4397[1].JPG

Someone should be around within 24 hours who can help you. @DEcosse is the electric genius around here. He may even have what you need as well as he sells a few different kits. Either way let us know how you get it resolved.

Like fingers said, those are aftermarket "xenon" bulb kit wiring balasts - you will need to 1)replace them with some new ones :thumbsdown: 2)Scrap em & go back to OEM :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: 3)Scrap all of it & get some real LED headlamp assemblies, which replaces the entire lense assembly & give much, much better light out put, even if you get the cheaper Chinese knock offs from ebay/Amazon :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry Claviger, we were typing at same time :cool:

I imagine the ballooned one powers your low beams then.
The high beams are working with out the ballasts installed

Yup HID Balasts. Suggest dumping the whole assembly and going the LED replacements, better light, more reliable, won't bike everyone else on the road, and cheaper!
Are you talking about just a bulb or a whole new light?

I would be asking the father in law "What Was I Thinking":eek::eek::eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: If you ride a lot at night I highly suggest JW SPEAKERS. If not go with a good aftermarket Chinese type.

Back