Hello @Tracy and welcome from Virginia. Thanks for your input here. I see this is your first post on the forum, please go to the "Introductions" thread and tell us more about your riding past and your current R3T. Oh, and pictures there too, we are a visual lot. ;)

Back to the Commander IIs, I have been reading a lot about them on the Star forum especially for the Stratoliner I just took possession of. Most there seem to think they are the best tire for that bike and I have not read anything about the tire loosing traction on wet pavement. I put the Bridgestone Exedra Max on my Stratoliner (Yamato) as they have served me well on Brahma for 70K+ miles now. I will write a report on them with Yamato once I have a few thousand miles on them with that bike.

The Commander IIIs are out now with rave reviews from the Star crowd but no one there has more than a thousand miles that has reported anything. From what is read, the C-IIIs should have even longer life. That oftentimes means less traction but not always. I do what to keep following such news as long life and traction on wet roads is vital to my lifestyle. I get around 13K miles on a set of Exedra maxes, more would be awesome...
Commander 11 is coming off bald after 7000 km ill not be using another may go darkside with an exedra max front.

Back