Avon Cobra Chrome Tyres

My cobber has about 13000kms on his Cobra Chromes on his 'R' model....gotta be happy with that!...he aint no nancy either...the snakes are almost missing off the sides so he gets her over a fair bit...as you do on these things right?

I just ordered a set of Cobra Chromes to replace my Gen1 Cobra's on my R3T... and I've come to expect high performance from Avon tires (been using them for years). I put a set of Chromes on my brides Fat Boy last year and they've ran well (though she puts on much much less mileage than I do). As soon as my V-Rod needs tires... I look forward to putting on Chromes.
-MIG

I just ordered a set of Cobra Chromes to replace my Gen1 Cobra's on my R3T... and I've come to expect high performance from Avon tires (been using them for years). I put a set of Chromes on my brides Fat Boy last year and they've ran well (though she puts on much much less mileage than I do). As soon as my V-Rod needs tires... I look forward to putting on Chromes.
-MIG
I would like to put Avons on my road king instead the stock Dunlops but when i have tried alternative brands to the Dunlops although the same size markings i found the side wall on the rear wheel was rubbing on the drive belt. It seems the side walls on the Dunlops made for the Harleys are slightly narrower and manufactured to fit the road king, hence i have always gone for the Dunlops. Does anybody know of alternative tyre makes that fit the road king rear without touching the drive belt?

-MIG
@mihow are the chromes holding up? I'm headed back from deployment and am tyre (its spelled correctly due my current location) shopping.

Back