Went riding today, how about the rest of you?

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Went riding today, it was a balmy 65 degrees. First time I got to ride in about a week or so, got in about 80 miles. Jeans and a jacket kinda day. hope to get out tomorrow:roll: . How about the rest of ya, done any riding lately, or are you shoveling snow:rolleyes: . That's okay, you northern Captians can get your jabs in this summer when feels like it's 200 degrees here and only 80 up there.

Went out Sunday for about 30 miles. Just a quick run to town for a few things. Temp was about 45 with heavy winds blowing us around, but still enjoyable, esp. with the heated gloves. When your hands are warm, you barely feel that cold air creeping down your neck!:p

Went riding yesterday up to the local Triumph store to see if there was anything that I couldn't live without.

It was a balmy 40 degrees.

It was a really short ride.

Breaking the Ice

Took the green machine out for a 50-mile ride late last week. Weather same as decribed above. Nothing to report... other than what started out as a chat with two elderly Road King owners while I was on my way to my favorite pit stop along the lake. They had questions about the Rocket (price, accessories, reliability, serviceability, my sources for custom mods, etc. ). They both lamented the fact that they had been unable to find a Triumph dealer with a demo unit (I doubt that they had tried hard enough, though...) .

Of course, I also had to endure some --inevitable-- sarcasm (for the price, I could have a top-notch custom Harley;) , how many times I have had to resort to road assistance :) , was the size of the Rocket denoting some... self-doubt on my part :D , etc.).

I invited them to join me for a cup of coffee. Having made it clear to them that 1) I was a former, repentant HD owner (amongst other bikes) and 2) I could take as much static about the Rocket III or even myself as they had in store, we ended up having a one-hour conversation. To cut the story short, we switched from "hey you" to first names and from coffee to white wine. They eventually invited me to their annual "touring association" (mostly Harley and... Gold Wing owners) dinner Saturday night. Which I attended, only to discover that they had already registered me as a member. And I got a very warm welcome from all 40 participants :rolleyes: . Jamie

Last edited:
Road to work and back the day before yesterday. Temperature at a very brisk 33F at for the 8pm commute home. Thought better about it yesterday and took the 4 wheeler.
This mornings 28F kept the hoss in the stable. Will be cranking her up for a 60 mile run for milk and bread by 4pm. :D I'm on a short 12 hour today.

I can't wait to ride again. Right now that is just a dream in Maryland. Canada keeps dumping their cold junk on us which is even too cold for me to ride in with my heated gear. Top that with Maryland's love of salt which makes the roads appear more white than black...UGH!!!!

It can't get warmer soon enough!!!!

Back