Well ridden cruiser

You are probably meaning the yellowfox (I think) anyhoo he would leave anyone standing at the dragon in fact he did an iron butt(1000miles)on the dragon but the iron butt assoc would not recognize it.
He used to make a living video people on the gap, his bike set up was great he was like a Japanese tourists he had so many cameras

Yellow Wolf

Last edited:
Reminds me of this crash: 1 Killed in Joplin Road Crash - Potomac Local

His wife is the Assistant Security Director at the FBI Academy where I once worked. I helped her son identify all the upgrades (for the insurance) he had just done to his CVO Ultra he had bought as his retirement present to himself.

I have not ridden the Tail of the Dragon yet, but Joplin Road is where several motorcyclist go each year to die locally...

This bloke (uploaded by Jamie Murray?) was pretty quick too - watch the speedo, regular hitting 80 but maxs out at 100mph or very close a few times, which anywhere on the Dragon would be hairy. See if he crosses the yellow lines at all!

But I thought this guy must have crossed the yellow doubles about 50 times and I would consider him lucky he didn't meet something at least 10 times. His mate in front completely lost him but both took extreme risks in my view.

Auto mag Journalist and race driver writes great article with some photos.
Interesting car perspective of the supposedly fastest driver ever on Deals Gap who also rides it on his m/cycle (he was a pro track m/cycle racer too). Real insight into set up required and not having excessive power with only 300whp in his early model modded 1993 RX7. He does many of his runs at night too. Leaves the Ferrari Speciale with 597hp behind and explains why. Well worth a read.
Ferrari 458 Speciale vs. The Dragon King

The other extreme:
New speed record posted at Deal's Gap - Tail of the Dragon
Tapoco, North Carolina
May 22, 2005

Motorcyclist Larry Zoia (aka "Larry in Michigan") shattered the record yesterday on an eleven-mile stretch of US Highway 129 in North Carolina known as the Tail of the Dragon in a display of skill and patience that had motorcyclists and sports car drivers shaking their heads and talking to themselves while law enforcement officers checked the calibration on their radar devices.

Mr. Zoia turned in the longest non-stop time in history for negotiating the 318 turns, riding at speeds that would elicit middle-finger erections, horn-honking and jeers in a supermarket parking lot.

"I've never seen anything like it," one observer noted. "I didn't think a bike could go that slow and still remain upright."

Another observer stated, "It might have been an optical occlusion, but the sun, moving from east to west in the sky, seemed to pass him during the run."

The rider directly behind Zoia said, "Sixty minutes into the run, I knew I was watching history in the making as he entered the third turn, bolt upright, as leaning at that speed would result in a certain crash."

A local law enforcement officer commented, "He didn't register on my radar at all, so I walked along beside him for a while, just to make sure it wasn't a hologram or some other cheap Yankee trick."

At the end of the historic run, another observer commented, "He was so slow, I was looking for a slimey trail behind him."

The light went on simultaneously for all present.

Last edited:
This bloke Jamie Murray was pretty quick too - watch the speedo, regular hitting 80 but maxs out at 100mph or very close a few times, which anywhere on the Dragon would be hairy. See if he crosses the yellow lines at all!

But I thought this guy must have crossed the yellow doubles about 50 times and I would consider him lucky he didn't meet something at least 10 times. His mate in front completely lost him but both took extreme risks in my view.

Auto mag Journalist and race driver writes great article with some photos.
Interesting car perspective of the supposedly fastest driver ever on Deals Gap who also rides it on his m/cycle (he was a pro track m/cycle racer too). Real insight into set up required and not having excessive power with only 300whp in his early model modded 1993 RX7. He does many of his runs at night too. Leaves the Ferrari Speciale with 597hp behind and explains why. Well worth a read.
Ferrari 458 Speciale vs. The Dragon King

The other extreme:
A HOLES racing on pulic roads BAAAAAAAAD

Yellow Wolf

The title "How to pass sportbikes" was very misleading, the guy on the sportbike obviously got sick of being tailgated and pulled aside and slowed down.

ROAD RACING on public roads can lead to DEATH or serious injury

Not sure where I mentioned anything about road racing?

The title "How to pass sportbikes" was very misleading, the guy on the sportbike obviously got sick of being tailgated and pulled aside and slowed down.

Not sure where I mentioned anything about road racing?
well in the past I rode with a large group of WACKOS that would meet every Sunday and RACE the back roads at a dangerous pace the end result 5 dead and scores of badly injured WACKOS

well in the past I rode with a large group of WACKOS that would meet every Sunday and RACE the back roads at a dangerous pace the end result 5 dead and scores of badly injured WACKOS

We can just agree that they likely could have made a better choice.

If I showed up wearing a $1400 set of leathers and donning a $600 helmet at cruise down Dickson St during Bikes, Blues, and BBQ; many bystanders would likely use the same word to describe me. Oh wait, I've actually done this and was called worse :D

Either way, riding a motorcycle is a choice. If one wants to hit the dragon unprotected and pretend to be a knee-slider on a Hawg, as long as they are at-peace with the risk and happy doing it :thumbsup:

Back