well my luck ran out

I didn't think hoses were covered under warranty, better have another look. Luck is the way you look at it, sure had a leaky gasket and warped head but saved several hundred on a major service, got new fluids, new oil and a new head. Could look at the negatives of not having the bike for one day on each occasion, but no biggie. Will ask about the hose though, worth a shot

Hoses are normally considered to be a consumable item which, in itself, is a fair point. Worth trying your luck?? Of course it is!! A good will gesture from the dealership..

Hoses are normally considered to be a consumable item...

Is this a fact with our Triumphs? They don't warrant coolant hoses because they are a consumable?

Personally, I don't think coolant hoses are 'consumable items'. They should be fully warranted during the warranty period. I would liken them to brake lines. They should last the warranty period and then some. Eventually, like everything they will fail/wear out and need replacing but not during the warranty period. Coolant and heater core hoses are covered on autos, why not bikes? Even a spark plug would be covered under warranty if the engine started to missfire. Now brake pads..... that's a consumable.

I have "the" bulge on that hose on my 2013 and one of my 05's. Samco waiting for installation. Did you have a problem with the coolant dumping out in front of the rear tire? Good thing you weren't going fast.

I too have a bulge in the lower hose on my 09 T with less than 8k on it. Was extreme,y bothered that Triumph of Seattle changed the coolant and didn't notice or ignored it. I'll look for those hoses

Is this a fact with our Triumphs? They don't warrant coolant hoses because they are a consumable?

Personally, I don't think coolant hoses are 'consumable items'. They should be fully warranted during the warranty period. I would liken them to brake lines. They should last the warranty period and then some. Eventually, like everything they will fail/wear out and need replacing but not during the warranty period. Coolant and heater core hoses are covered on autos, why not bikes? Even a spark plug would be covered under warranty if the engine started to missfire. Now brake pads..... that's a consumable.
I think this could be a matter of which country and the laws applicable to that state. I had a van which was under a year old and the bottom main hose blew. This was not a part covered as it was considered a consumable but garage split the cost - I paid for new hose and they fitted it and replaced coolant for free!

I cant remember having to replace a coolant line in a car since the early 90s. How are they consumable items?

Back