well my luck ran out

AussieMick

Living the Dream
Ride
2017 R3R
A few months back now I had a leaking head gasket right at the time the big service was due. Spoke to the local dealer and despite the DP Shorties, Ramair and Dyno Tune, they replaced the head gasket, fresh oil and coolant installed and valve shims done, all no charge, excellent. A week later the head gasket was leaking again, this time triumph sent a new head from the UK and fresh oils, gaskets, fluids and shims, all no charge, excellent. So I ordered a full system 2 3/4 CES Racing system with the wife's blessing and took it to Neville Lush's shed where he inserted 161 RWHP. How good is all that. Well this morning I was on the way to work and blew a water pump outlet hose, only done 26000km. No hoses in the state and no one can bodgy one up. Ordered a complete set of samco silicon hoses after reading the threads here (thanks boys) from John Titian Racing and should be overnighter to me. $199 to ensure I do not go through this shot again. Knew my good luck was going to run out soon, just didn't know how. I suppose it was lucky I was only riding around town at low speed

I have "the" bulge on that hose on my 2013 and one of my 05's. Samco waiting for installation. Did you have a problem with the coolant dumping out in front of the rear tire? Good thing you weren't going fast.

I have "the" bulge on that hose on my 2013 and one of my 05's. Samco waiting for installation. Did you have a problem with the coolant dumping out in front of the rear tire? Good thing you weren't going fast.
Had the problem of coolant squinting fwd over the front tire, certainly noticed it as I manoeuvred into the shopping centre

Back