Welding on rocket??

RADEMIS

Supercharged
I have a question to all of you motorcycle repair technicians, or anyone else for that matter.
I am building a custom rack/backrest for the back of my rocket, just wondering if it would hurt any of the electronics on the bike if I tack weld the mockup of pieces while attached to the bike? thanks Bob

I have a question to all of you motorcycle repair technicians, or anyone else for that matter.
I am building a custom rack/backrest for the back of my rocket, just wondering if it would hurt any of the electronics on the bike if I tack weld the mockup of pieces while attached to the bike? thanks Bob

That's a good question and it applies to electronically controlled engines of all types whether diesel, gasoline or other fuels. Disconnect both terminals from the battery in the vehicle before doing any welding of any type. Be sure you have a secure, clean ground point for your negative lead and apply the ground lead as close as possibe to the part being fabricated. You don't want any current travelling through the bike from your point of weld to the ground point. If you want to be really safe, remove the gasoline tank and plug the fuel hose. Stray voltage can wipe out your computer controlled engine right now. Gasoline fumes can ignite and wipe out your garage too.:eek:

Back