Watcha think about this power combo?

Better to install a temp tune from @Claviger then ride the 900 miles to WA from Rock Springs to Woodinville for a Nels Dyno!!!
Talk sweet to me and ya may even get a free room for the night you arrive and the night after before heading home on your new & improved Rocket???
Very cool offer man, that's a long ways away though!!

I may be pretty content after upgrading just the intake / exhaust, but we all know how that usually goes, hahaha! What method of tuning would be good for just the intake / exhaust. Tune-boy, power-commander5, and tune ECU, are what I hear of a lot. Which would work decently without an actual dyno tune? I also have an innovate portable wide-band I could use to datalog, and wouldn't mind doing minor fuel tweaking to dial in the AFR's if need be. And which method/device would make that possible??

I have been lusting for 200+ HP ever since I got my R3R brand new back in 2012.
Every time I ride it, grease it, wheelie it and bury the speedo, that lust goes away for awhile. :laugh:
I hoon twisies WAY more than I drag race, or can get peeps into a drag from a stop.
I reckon I'd use all that 200+ HP at most on perhaps 5% of my riding days (12,000mi/300ave=40 days).
The smarter part of my brain says, "Tis a foolish expense.", but the still crazy at 72 part says, "fu*k her, fu*k her now!" :eek: :rolleyes: :p :roll:
The Difference.jpeg

I have been lusting for 200+ HP ever since I got my R3R brand new back in 2012.
Every time I ride it, grease it, wheelie it and bury the speedo, that lust goes away for awhile. :laugh:
I hoon twisies WAY more than I drag race, or can get peeps into a drag from a stop.
I reckon I'd use all that 200+ HP at most on perhaps 5% of my riding days (12,000mi/300ave=40 days).
The smarter part of my brain says, "Tis a foolish expense.", but the still crazy at 72 part says, "fu*k her, fu*k her now!" :eek: :rolleyes: :p :roll:
The Difference.jpeg
But on those opportunities that you do get to open it up, it's so worth it. :evil::thumbsup::cool:

Yeah but so worth it. I recently road from Nampa, Idaho to Nels and the result is worth every mile. Besides a nice long ride is always fun. Add in a stop at 1olbull's ( and all the other guys up in his area) and the fun factor just jumped another 100%.

If I end up dyno tuning this thing some day, I'll keep this in mind, sounds like a blast!

Back