Warning Lite - Oil lite stays on

Not sure but I though I saw a thread on bike sitting long time without running may need to prime oil back into main bearings to get pressure?? Anyone recollect that thread???

i think that was warp that was recommending that
i do not have an opinion on this but it is definitely some to keep in mind when checking the pump.
off the top of my head there may be a place like gear sensor/front cover that u could put a couple of quarts in the sump then wait awhile before starting
(maybe that would prime the pumps.)
if that worked it would over flow the oil tank when it started.
mostly i am just talking i have never done this and sometimes u might have unexpected results :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure but I though I saw a thread on bike sitting long time without running may need to prime oil back into main bearings to get pressure?? Anyone recollect that thread???
I think it came up in a thread about changing bearings for piston upgrades. Something about priming the pump through the oil filter stud or the system will system not pressurize. I could not find the post but I believe Warp and Neville Lush were discussing the priming technique.

I can truly say the engineer that designed the placement of that Oil sensor in that location did not have a tool to remove it, it's easier to cut the wire on the other side then it is to unscrew it from the sensor.

after what cooter said i can believe that. might want to check by removing filter and starting.

Ok, Just pulled off the oil filter and started the bike twice, first time is spit out approx. 4-6 ounces and the second time not a drop - ran the bike for 3-5 seconds each time...

Nev's advice on starting an engine which had bottom end apart -

Ok, Just pulled off the oil filter and started the bike twice, first time is spit out approx. 4-6 ounces and the second time not a drop - ran the bike for 3-5 seconds each time...
Hmm is the oil way from oil tank to engine plugged? Did the level in oil tank drop when you started? I am just guessing as never had engine apart but logic states if no oil in sump nothing to pump.

SOMETHING DE

something defiantly wrong
may not be able to get oil from tank
pump shaft broken/drive stripped
screens plugged from silicone
bad pump gears
bad rod/main bearing loosing all the oil
??? time to take a peek.
i would try to get opinions from the motor guys

OK, so someone has been inside the engine, we know that because you can tell the front cover has been off. The oil pump is behind the front cover and then behind the clutch. If someone had removed the clutch for some reason (detent spring repair) incorrect reassembly could be the problem. The oil pump is driven off of the clutch basket, so when it is reassembled the oil pump drive pins (dogs) must be aligned so they slide into the holes in the back of the clutch basket. If the clutch was not installed correctly it may be that it is not positioned to be able to spin the oil pump, thus no pressure.
This is pure speculation on my part, just a blind guess. But the fact that the front cover has been off makes me suspicious.

SOMETHING DE

something defiantly wrong
may not be able to get oil from tank
pump shaft broken/drive stripped
screens plugged from silicone
bad pump gears
bad rod/main bearing loosing all the oil
??? time to take a peek.
i would try to get opinions from the motor guys
Not to sound like an idiot but is that under the "Common Issues" section of the Forums?

Not to sound like an idiot but is that under the "Common Issues" section of the Forums?

i am not sure what u r asking what i put down is just a few thing i thought could be the problem
i think that this is an uncommon problem but switching it to the common issues thread might be good idea.

Back