Wanted dead or alive...

Totally agree regarding cell use.
Radio use is pretty much a necessity for LEO.
They do not have very many incidents and when they do, their pockets are deep.
If it was one of your children run over because an officer was distracted by the radio, how much money would it take to replace them?

If it was one of your children run over because an officer was distracted by the radio, how much money would it take to replace them?

Scot,
Perhaps I shouldn't have made a joke. You seem to be serious about this so I shall only offer that receiving directions and giving responses over a police radio is far from being the same as carrying on a conversation on a cell phone.
I'll just leave it at that.
You be well my friend.

Totally agree regarding cell use.
Radio use is pretty much a necessity for LEO.
They do not have very many incidents and when they do, their pockets are deep.
Should say the tax payers pockets are deeper, if more people in gov/ state /city jobs had to pay from their own pocket they would be a lot more careful.

Should say the tax payers pockets are deeper, if more people in gov/ state /city jobs had to pay from their own pocket they would be a lot more careful.

FYI - If they have not followed SOPs then they are subject to personal suit through vicarious liability.

Last edited:
The average working stiff does not have enough to cover the lawsuits so as you said they go after the deeper pockets so the tax payer ends up paying after all:eek::eek::eek::eek: such is life.
Any half decent lawyer would go after both -worker and employer- especially the deep pockets.

Gray Mazda....call Sarasota County Florida Sheriffs office 941-861-4317. It seems every year it gets crazier and crazier.. Luckily the rider is recovering from his injuries...!!
Strange how this video was posted today, as I was just cut off by some kids in a round about yesterday and was tempted to do exactly as this guy did. Fortunately my brain was able to process my priority of rushing home with the pizza sauce vs. engaging.
It's a tough call given emotions, dangers, lack consciousness from cagers and time from enforcers. As most of this experienced bunch recognizes; defense and distance always the best policy. Take a deep breath and enjoy being alive.

Back