Waiting on Rocket flight

jamboa

.020 Over
I will introduce myself when I have the Rocket propulsion to back me up. First the VMAX must go then the Rocket will launch.
Jamboa

Good Start

Link Removed Jamboa........sounds like you've got your priorities in the right order by surrendering the VMax.
It's not that bad a bike, it's just the Rocket is soooooo much better. ( In my humble opinion) Glad you're here and jumping right in to the frey. Keep us posted on your progress and eventual permanent smile syndrome!

Last edited:
Hey Jamboa,welcome to the place to find all kinds of great stuff for the Rocket.Funny thing,people,they drool over it with or without stuff:D.

03 Rocket first flight

Well I found a dealer who had a Bonnie for me to test ride and a Red Rocket. I love the look of the Bonnie but it feels like a sewing machine. It had the stock pipes and that made it hard to hear the motor purr so I concentrated on the power more and that made my impression worst. I applaud anyone who buys one who is satisfied. It is a nice bike and the kind that can keep you out of trouble (tickets). I rolled into the parking lot and the saleman asked with a big grin well how did you like it. I looked at the the Red Rocket and said I want to ride "that one". He said sure. It was awesome. I love the way it pulls . I did a small power wheelie just by grabbing a fist full in first. My Max is about as fast but a different ride. I feel more planted on the Rocket and I think I could ride my wife on the back for short trips. That is not happening on the MAX. The deal I am looking at is an 05 Red with 8600 miles. It ran out of warranty July16th. It has alot of extra chrome,TOR pipes, 3 sets of seats, and alot of stuff that he will throw in on the deal. I am not saying anymore as I do not want any one to beat me to it.
I will keep you guys posted.
Jamboa

jamboa said:
Well I found a dealer who had a Bonnie for me to test ride and a Red Rocket. I love the look of the Bonnie but it feels like a sewing machine. It had the stock pipes and that made it hard to hear the motor purr so I concentrated on the power more and that made my impression worst. I applaud anyone who buys one who is satisfied. It is a nice bike and the kind that can keep you out of trouble (tickets). I rolled into the parking lot and the saleman asked with a big grin well how did you like it. I looked at the the Red Rocket and said I want to ride "that one". He said sure. It was awesome. I love the way it pulls . I did a small power wheelie just by grabbing a fist full in first. My Max is about as fast but a different ride. I feel more planted on the Rocket and I think I could ride my wife on the back for short trips. That is not happening on the MAX. The deal I am looking at is an 05 Red with 8600 miles. It ran out of warranty July16th. It has alot of extra chrome,TOR pipes, 3 sets of seats, and alot of stuff that he will throw in on the deal. I am not saying anymore as I do not want any one to beat me to it.
I will keep you guys posted.
Jamboa

Your bike is an early one if the two year warranty runs out in July. I know cuz mine just ran out in July also. You can sure get lots for yer money when someone else loads up on accessories and chrome. Your story sounds alot like mine except I hadn't owned a road bike at the time I bought my used red Rocket last January. Hope it works out for you.

Used early Rocket

How many miles do you have now and how many when you bought it? Any problems?
Thanks,
Jamboa

I bought mine new Jamboa and my bike just went out of warranty this past weekend. I have 28K miles on my bike now. I really haven't had any real problems other than the ones I create for myself on it :). I am no toystoretom when it comes to mechanics but I sure pretend like I am :eek::D:bch:

Back