Mechanic said he thinks vibration on acceleration is normal. Said bmw has similar feeling.
Maybe eskimo pie can try mine and compare to his?

I let another member I ride with, Herman, try my bike not long ago. His perception was excessive vibration when you get on it. Not so much cruising at 70 etc. I have nothing to compare it to. I do notice the vibration on full acceleration but thought it normal, cause going so fast. He thought bike vibration rather than engine. Something related possibly to motor mounts.
Seems I notice it past 3k rpms.
Any comments,info on this point with your bikes? Thanks in advance!
The vibration on my R3r is so bad that if you took a container filled with ice cream and milk, and tucked it away in your jacket, it would be a fully blended milkshake when you got to your destination.

Mechanic said he thinks vibration on acceleration is normal. Said bmw has similar feeling.
Maybe eskimo pie can try mine and compare to his?
Did he say which BMW? although my 1200 GS sounds like a bucket of bolts on idle, it is very smooth right through the rev range in any gear.

Did he say which BMW? although my 1200 GS sounds like a bucket of bolts on idle, it is very smooth right through the rev range in any gear.
My bike vibrates in every gear, at any speeds. Actually gets mechanically, and physically dangerous in 6th at high speeds.

Smooth as butter when I pull in clutch. So not wheels .
Must be mechanical. Somewhere between the crankshaft, and the clutch plates. Zones no dealership is going to want to delve into on their dime any time soon.

Back