maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I let another member I ride with, Herman, try my bike not long ago. His perception was excessive vibration when you get on it. Not so much cruising at 70 etc. I have nothing to compare it to. I do notice the vibration on full acceleration but thought it normal, cause going so fast. He thought bike vibration rather than engine. Something related possibly to motor mounts.
Seems I notice it past 3k rpms.
Any comments,info on this point with your bikes? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Upshift.
I only have a noticeable vibration at 4k+ revs in lower gears and it is nothing I would consider excessive. Then again, I came from riding Harleys.

What is he used to riding? Goldwings only?

hey guys i have been riding a while
on my 07 triumph rocket classic tourer for 44000 miles.
the vibration is like a car with bad mounts i have not looked but i know mine is bolted solid.
i know a lot of the older bikes have a vibration at 3000 rpm and mine has that but Maurice's bike has vibration/rough feeling when u twist the throttle.
what we would like to know is how is the 2020 fell when u twist the throttle
got my first good bike 59bsa 650 13 to 1 ported ect cam looked almost square bought in 1962 and would haul a$$.
i know the regular feel
pulls u back in the seat, grin factor goes up, hang on ect.
Herman

Upshift.
I only have a noticeable vibration at 4k+ revs in lower gears and it is nothing I would consider excessive. Then again, I came from riding Harleys.

What is he used to riding? Goldwings only?

the vibration is like a car with bad mounts i have not looked but i know mine is bolted solid.
i know a lot of the older bikes have a vibration at 3000 rpm and mine has that but Maurice's bike has vibration/rough feeling when u twist the throttle.
got my first good bike 59bsa 650 13 to 1 ported ect cam looked almost square bought in 1962 and would haul a$$.
i know the regular feel
Herman

🤣 🤣
I was waiting to read / see your reply.....

i know the regular feel
Herman
Is it felt in all gears 3000 and above? Mine has a vibration/rough feel in 2nd, but not sure what RPM. I will keep an eye on it once I ride it again (if temps go up a little :mad:)

Is it felt in all gears 3000 and above? Mine has a vibration/rough feel in 2nd, but not sure what RPM. I will keep an eye on it once I ride it again (if temps go up a little :mad:)
I would say yes, all gears. Will check again today, weather permitting, when I have rear tire changed. Also will rev at idle. If I remember it is only under load.

I've noticed a "vibration" under heavy throttle in lower gears, but just assumed it was traction control doing its job. I've not noticed it in upper gears, or in any gear under more sedate acceleration.

Back