Universal joint replacement

Gerald

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Has anyone replaced the u-joint on the driveshaft. I have an 05 rocket and joint seems tight in one direction. Can't find a part number listed for replacement. Was hoping someone had done this and could supply a part number, factory or parts house. Thanks

Has anyone replaced the u-joint on the driveshaft. I have an 05 rocket and joint seems tight in one direction. Can't find a part number listed for replacement. Was hoping someone had done this and could supply a part number, factory or parts house. Thanks

I think that someone may have posted a number for the joint might have it on my work computer i will try to find it tomorrow

i gave it a try but i think the thread disappeared
the way it went was i stated that i thought that the ujoint was a tension ujoint and he stated that i was a _________ ujoint
i have a wore out 05 shaft if u want me to do anything. like measure mike caps or over all measurement.

i believe that is the number of the early drive shaft.
You are correct, but Gerald's bike is an 05. Both T1270600 and T1270700 are still live parts.
Only trouble is both are listed for Rocket III, Classic and Roadster whereas T1270700 is only one listed for Touring.
Best call a dealer with VIN to dig and see which one is right but most likely the T1270600 one.

You are correct, but Gerald's bike is an 05. Both T1270600 and T1270700 are still live parts.
Only trouble is both are listed for Rocket III, Classic and Roadster whereas T1270700 is only one listed for Touring.
Best call a dealer with VIN to dig and see which one is right but most likely the T1270600 one.
very true but i think what he asked for is the number for the universal joint.

Seems the universal joint and drive shaft are the one part?

Screenshot_20230127-193129_Chrome.jpg

i gave it a try but i think the thread disappeared
the way it went was i stated that i thought that the ujoint was a tension ujoint and he stated that i was a _________ ujoint
i have a wore out 05 shaft if u want me to do anything. like measure mike caps or over all measurement.
Thank you for trying, I've got the shaft out so I can press it out and take it to a couple places and see if they can match it. Again thank you for your efforts.

Back