Asking for help with Cam Cover Gasket replacement

Hey guys
For this job, do I really need to order and be ready to replace sealing rings that go under cam cover bolts

T1260309​

OR reusing them is a good practice? Do they actually seal the oil or serve as a cushion between the bolt head and the cam cover?

You wont know until you undo them and inspect for crushing, peeling, condition of. To start guessing what yr, how long ago was it changed, have you tightened the ones you could get to, than i could guess if you will need new ones but you wont know until you take them off. Since you’re asking about the sealing washers im guessing its been a while. They do seal, and if its been a while im of the school new are needed because I believe it’s important to the torque down of cover. I feel i have mastered this because i take mine off monthly 😂 i go through sealing washers like cough drops😬

Thank you sir for the opinion. Mine is year 2013, 22000 miles, cam cover never opened before. I just tightened two front right corner bolts very lightly a thousand ago trying to stop it from leaking, but now it’s time for the job. I just forgot to order the sealing washers and it will be a while to have them delivered. Opinion update?

Back