Uneven wear metzeler

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
I know metzeler have a reputation for wear but i only got half out of mine on one side!!!!...or is my frame bent lol..only thing i can put it down to is low pressure and the camber in the road....could i be wrong?

I know metzeler have a reputation for wear but i only got half out of mine on one side!!!!...or is my frame bent lol..only thing i can put it down to is low pressure and the camber in the road....could i be wrong?
Thought i bet get this in first and say i wasnt kerb crawling:whitstling:

Yep Metzlers are not the best tire for the Rocket especially for mileage although better in my opinion is the rear Bridgestone Exedra Max240/55/R16 and a 140/75/R17 on the front. I use Avon for the front but there is also the Michelin Commander II 140/75/R17. That being said if I could not get the Max for the rear I would go with the 240/50/R16 Avon on the rear.

Fronts cup out real bad, rears can wear one side due to camber,tyre pressures.
20170606_154414.jpg
Yep Metzlers are not the best tire for the Rocket especially for mileage although better in my opinion is the rear Bridgestone Exedra Max240/55/R16 and a 140/75/R17 on the front. I use Avon for the front but there is also the Michelin Commander II 140/75/R17. That being said if I could not get the Max for the rear I would go with the 240/50/R16 Avon on the rear.
Cheers Warp i took your advise and purchased a set of avons 2 days and i will have em happy days:) my progressive bits have been delivered in the UK and my new fuel pump and fuel regulator will be here in 3 days job on:p

The front (original) tire (metzler) on my 2015 touring, after 3600 miles, is worn down to the grooves on the right side, and basically pristine on the left.
Rear is nice and even though.
This is a problem with the tire itself? Could something out of alignment be doing this? I've still got the original warranty so if this will just happen again I'd like to get it fixed while it's free :)

Back