Underseat K&N

yes let us know if it makes a diff. I still have the snorkel mounted but would remove it if it meant power!

remove the snorkel from the bottom of the seat (older models had philips screws and newer ones had rivits toss the ***** in the carbage so as not to clutter up your garage) or remove the rubber seal and do the 12 minute tune. It will help the circulation. other then that the triple filters are the next best thing but you will need to retune for them. Remove cat box and goe for the TORS if you don't mind a little more rumble. If you are not into noise then remove the cat box and stay with the standard pipes it will still sound and breathe better(instsall after market exhaust tune)

If you look where the air comes in from under the seat at the rear, then think about the low pressure area that develops directly behind the rider, you can see how inefficient that is. It just makes the engine work harder to pull air.

snorkle

I have my catbox removed and the triumph after market pipes and tune installed but still have the standard filter.
i get the poping on decelaration also would it be advised to romove my snorkle?
i am going to buy the k&n under seat filter and probably get the tune boy software i just havent changed the filter yet becoase i havent decided on the under seat or triple under bear claw combo.
i dont want to mod the bear claw.
regards Mitch :cool: oh and could somebody tell me what TORS are im still learning and am a little wet behind the ears with this stuff
Regards Mitch

I just can't imagine the K & N makeing that much difference for a tune. Has anyone used a dyno or A/F gage to see the difference of the K&N and stk filter. Maybe with the unshrouded under the tank setup but the AB filter still deals with the AB.
Again, is there any documentation of the differences, either by dyno numbers or an A/f gage showing a leaner condition. Enquiring minds want to know.lol I don't believe in the seat of the pants gage, unless it's a radical difference.
Later

I have my catbox removed and the triumph after market pipes and tune installed but still have the standard filter.
i am going to buy the k&n under seat filter and probably get the tune boy software i just havent changed the filter yet becoase i havent decided on the under seat or triple under bear claw combo.
regards Mitch :cool: oh and could somebody tell me what TORS are im still learning and am a little wet behind the ears with this stuff
Regards Mitch
There is no need to cut the claw with K&N RU-2780's, they fit fine.

Regards Mitch

Mitch TORS = Triumph Off Road System. ( throatier pipes with larger inside diameter)
Now the under the seat K&N will not give you any noticable power gian IMO the only thing it is good for is if your never going with any other filter mods then you have a washable filter that will last for ever.
Triple filters are much better but you will need to retune her some.
What you need to do is figure how far you are going to go with the power thing before buying filters you are only going to use for a little while. If you are going triples then my advice is stay with the stock filter until you go triples.
Unless you have money to waste then go for it. I ended up giving another captain my under the seat filter already or I would have offered it to you. Now if your going to go with triple filters you will either need to find someone who can tune with tune boy or spend a nother 400.00 and get a PC3USB so other dynojet tuners can tune the bike. The PC3 unit will only change fueling not timing so think about the path you want to go. If you wait a little while Tune Boy will have their new software out and then you can use the autotune feature that is supposed to come with it.

cheers

Thanks for the info Hellfire and Warp
Ive decided to go with the triples and the tune boy option
thanks for explaining what TORS are i have them already on i had the upgrade done when my cat was removed.
this forum is great by the way so much info i wrote down the code for the K&NS that i need "courtesy of another post by hellfire"
and i spent time last night removing my secondary butterfly's.
haven't ridden her yet cos its raining here but the info on here helped alot thanks guys.
in hindsight i should of done the filters and tune boy thing at the same time but ohwell.
i have to say the plastic air expansion tank thingy was a ***** to get back on but other than that it was a breaze with the info provided needless to say thats why i should have done the filters also.
anyway just wanted to say thanks for such a great forum and for sharing your knowledge
much appreciated
regards Mitch :D

Back