Underseat K&N air filter

Tapir

.020 Over
I'm riding 2005 Rocket III with cat-delete (running TOR engine tune). I'm about to buy underseat K&N air filter (as a replacement of stock filter). And here's my question- is there any noticeable boost in torque or power after replacement? And most important- does the K&N interfere with engine tune (are there any corrections needed?)?

Dont waste your money.It makes no noticeable differance at all.Better spending your money on a Gipro Atre.

I've run K&Ns on different bikes. I am presently running a K&N air filter on my Harley and had to reject the carb slightly. They supposedly let in more air, leaning the mixture out a bit. I bought a slightly used one for my Rocket from one of our members but have not yet installed it.

Of note, the filters come with a number to call at K&N if the owner is warned by any shop that their filters will cause an overly lean condition and possible engine damage. Apparently K&N contacts the shops directly to refute this.

TnT said:
I run an underseat K&N and you should not have to change the tune.

On previous bikes, like my '00 Thunderbird Sport there was a noticable difference in the bike being able to rev easier, but not really too noticable on the Rocket.

It has been good being able to take the air filter out, clean it, oil it, and put it back in though.

And to me that is the primary advantage of the K&N, plus they are stronger and will never deteriorate or shred, allowing filtter particle into your engine.

Back