Tweeting my riding position.

Six bend pull backs fixed my problem. I feel like I am in my Lazyboy.
TailotDragon1.jpg
They look great. Are thy a special make or stock off the shelf. If so who makes them?
Pretty sure the Roadster gauges mount differently.
They mount to the top handlebar clamp and if you raise that there will be wires to stretch and clearance issues.
A new set of 1" bars would be easiest.
Year I was coming to that conclusion myself. I started a thread what handle bars for roadster so I could get a look at what options there are.

Six bend pull backs fixed my problem. I feel like I am in my Lazyboy.
TailotDragon1.jpg

I see Flanders has discontinued these type bars.
Would you be more specific regards where and what you have, Amigo?

Do you have a picture off the bike with the new bars?
I know exactly what you mean I also have the backrest and love the fact that you don't really have to support your weight under heavy acceleration.
I have been checking out the riser option and they are nearly $250 AUD by the time they land here. A whole new set off bars must be about that or cheaper if I can find a configuration that suits.

Hi Bonecrusher. Pic attached, will be off site for next week and a bit (holiday:) then surgery:(). But this worked really well for me, took a bit of work with the heated grips is all.
Pinstripes004.jpg

Hi Bonecrusher. Pic attached, will be off site for next week and a bit (holiday:) then surgery:(). But this worked really well for me, took a bit of work with the heated grips is all.
Pinstripes004.jpg
what bars are those and who makes them?

what bars are those and who makes them?

The are Ventura bars made here in NZ they are an HD bar and I machined up ends to take the heated grips and standard bar end weights. also narrowed them a bit. Also has the Rivco riser on the bike. Needed new cables/brakelines but with careful wire rerouting no wiring mods were needed.

1" - 12 inch Ape - Ventura

Price was $250.00 got them from Honda shop next door to work. They just order them in only takes a day or so. Originally tried to get set set out of the US but the place that had the exact bars I wanted wouldn't ship out here due to size issues, understand as be annoying for everyone if they arrived bent.

If you were not going for the Rivco risers that move the bar mounts up 2" and back 1", I'd go for the 14" bars and tip them back slightly (mine are stood up a little so don't line up with the forks, but I like them that way).

The are Ventura bars made here in NZ they are an HD bar and I machined up ends to take the heated grips and standard bar end weights. also narrowed them a bit. Also has the Rivco riser on the bike. Needed new cables/brakelines but with careful wire rerouting no wiring mods were needed.

1" - 12 inch Ape - Ventura

Price was $250.00 got them from Honda shop next door to work. They just order them in only takes a day or so. Originally tried to get set set out of the US but the place that had the exact bars I wanted wouldn't ship out here due to size issues, understand as be annoying for everyone if they arrived bent.

If you were not going for the Rivco risers that move the bar mounts up 2" and back 1", I'd go for the 14" bars and tip them back slightly (mine are stood up a little so don't line up with the forks, but I like them that way).

Howdy from Finland.

I´m planning to to make ape hanger for my 2005 stantard Rocket. 1 1/2" tube with standard controls and heated grips. I´ll route wires trough bars, bar height might be 16"-17" (I´m 6´7" tall with long reach). Any toughts? Do I need to extend wires? Which type are the ends in the throttle cable (ordering correct type), so that hey will fit heated throttle grip (broke one allready when installed them)?

So while my new adventure with the Rocket is only a couple off weeks old. I have been having a recurrent problem with my throttle hand getting pins and needles. On a ride to the coast yesterday I discovered that if I made myself sit bolt upright that the problem slowly disappeared. So I deduced that i must be slouching and that was making my head look up slightly and hence the pressure on my somewhat degenerated spine causing the problem. I found the posture / riding position better anyway but the problem is that my arms were now fully extended to locked out straight . The solution is to bring the grips back slightly so I can have some bend in my arms while sitting in the correct position. If I roll the bars down and thus back I don't think it will help as the bars will while coming somewhat closer will also be lower. New handle bars are Im sure to be expensive and Im wanting to save my pennies for performance upgrades that I hope I will soon be able to undertake. Have any of you gents had the same problem and is there a budget oriented way of solving the problem.

I had the exact opposite problem. I had to get my arms straight out instead of being bent up beside my shoulders. I installed drag style T bars and now my arms never get tired. I don't entirely understand how lowering the bars will stop you from slouching, but there are lots of alternate bars to try.

So with a bit more research I have come to the conclusion that risers are what I need but I don't seem to be able to find any that are specifically for my 2012 roadster. Any suggestions?

You are a week to late I just sold a set to a fellow rider in Los Angeles, please get you riding position sorted out before you start injecting more power in to the beast.

The key for avoiding pins and needles is to get your hands into the relaxed position - the hand should be angled, halfway to vertical is ideal (thumb up, but hand leaning inwards) and the wrist straight so the hand isn't cocked either left or right. This will do the most for hand comfort, but that's separate from back and neck comfort.

For me, that meant risers and then tilting the bars down as much as was practical - this gave me almost straight wrists and hands that feel great hour after hour on the bike.

Explanation of the Natural Wrist Position in Ergonomics

Back