Turn signals and Trans clunk

Yes we can, and much easier than trying to make a non Touring blinkers turn off automatically!! :p :D
bob

Bob,
It took me only 10 minutes to install my Kisan Signal Minder.
Curious to know if your Touring signals cancel by a set time or by the end of your lean after a corner?

Hey,

Liking my new for me '06 Classic Rocket III, approaching 24,000 miles, but need some feedback on transmission clunking and turn signal frustration. I thought my '09 Harley Ultra was clunky when shifting gears but it is quiet as a mouse compared to my Rocket. It is not always a loud stiff feeling clunk but it is most of the time. Other than first gear clunk my Harley just snicks into to gear with no fuss or muss. The Rocket seems to have a pronounced clunk when shifting up or down. Does this sound like the norm? It shifts with no problem but seems significantly louder than what I am accustomed to.

Turn signals work fine but I am struggling to remember to push the little button to turn them off after a turn. I hope in time this will become second nature but so far it is very annoying to ride several blocks and/or miles and then notice the blinking light for the turn signals. Is there an automatic turn signal off gizmo available like I am accustomed to on my Harley

Thanks.

VR

This is the turn signal cancelation unit I have on my bike.

Turn Signal Cancel unit

I don't know much about the other units but I didn't have to install return springs in the handlebar turn signal switch.

Why take the handle bar switch apart when you really don't have too?

Bob,
It took me only 10 minutes to install my Kisan Signal Minder.
Curious to know if your Touring signals cancel by a set time or by the end of your lean after a corner?

I think it is a time and/or (mostly) distance thing controlled by the ECU. I am not really sure, I usually turn them off manually by pushing the switch. This whole new fangled self cancelling turn signals on a motorcycle is still kind of a novelty to me.

bob

ABS is something I still do not feel necessary for me.....I do not ride in the snow or rain or on gravel if I can help it

Out of curiosity how long have you been riding??????? the above is a pretty bold statement to make if you are not carrying an AMA racer card:D also what does snow rain or gravel have to do with ABS??????????

Good post as it has me thinking about installing the auto cancel device myself.

This is the turn signal cancelation unit I have on my bike.
Turn Signal Cancel unit
I don't know much about the other units but I didn't have to install return springs in the handlebar turn signal switch.
Why take the handle bar switch apart when you really don't have too?

This looks to be the cat's meow IF it cancels after standing up from a turn. :thumbsup:
I could not find the cancellation info on the link.

The Kisan require NO springs and is a simple plug and play. The only negative is that cancellation is set by time or blinks.
One setting is just a dozen blinks or so and allows for very little time sitting in a queue.
The other is much longer and I find frequently it shuts off a half block down the roadway.
I just this past week changed to the longer setting and so far I've actually remembered to shut it off manually :rolleyes: :D

Back