Turn signals and Trans clunk

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
Hey,

Liking my new for me '06 Classic Rocket III, approaching 24,000 miles, but need some feedback on transmission clunking and turn signal frustration. I thought my '09 Harley Ultra was clunky when shifting gears but it is quiet as a mouse compared to my Rocket. It is not always a loud stiff feeling clunk but it is most of the time. Other than first gear clunk my Harley just snicks into to gear with no fuss or muss. The Rocket seems to have a pronounced clunk when shifting up or down. Does this sound like the norm? It shifts with no problem but seems significantly louder than what I am accustomed to.

Turn signals work fine but I am struggling to remember to push the little button to turn them off after a turn. I hope in time this will become second nature but so far it is very annoying to ride several blocks and/or miles and then notice the blinking light for the turn signals. Is there an automatic turn signal off gizmo available like I am accustomed to on my Harley?

Thanks.

VR

Last edited:
No doubt someone sells one and please get it as soon as possible before you end up under someones car:eek: keep scanning and that includes looking at your instruments. Auto cancel and ABS brakes should be and will be standard on all motorcycles before to long.

As for the gearbox you have came off a go-kart engine to a full fledged tractor engine and yes they do clunk and clunk loud:D

No doubt someone sells one and please get it as soon as possible before you end up under someones car:eek: keep scanning and that includes looking at your instruments. Auto cancel and ABS brakes should be and will be standard on all motorcycles before to long.

Thanks, someone replied....yeeeeehawwwwww! ABS is something I still do not feel necessary for me.....I do not ride in the snow or rain or on gravel if I can help it, however, just recently I rode 30 miles home in a driving rain on my Harley, in San Diego County no less, without ABS, scary. Secret to that is make no radical moves......and have fairly new tires. Anyway, are there any Rockets with auto turn signals? If so I'll order their handlebar switch controls....maybe.

Thanks,

VR
Escondido, CA

PS: Lived in Tampa, FL for 5 years......weird state.....highest land marks are overpasses, but nice place to live if you do not mind 100% humidity in the summer months.....so-called "winter" months are terrific! Also,Tampa is the rain and lightning capital of the world!

Last edited:
My 2010 Touring signals turn off by them self after 8 seconds and 65 Meters. Or you can press the center of the button.
I don't know about other models.

Hey,
Liking my new for me '06 Classic Rocket III, approaching 24,000 miles, but need some feedback on transmission clunking and turn signal frustration. I thought my '09 Harley Ultra was clunky when shifting gears but it is quiet as a mouse compared to my Rocket. It is not always a loud stiff feeling clunk but it is most of the time. Other than first gear clunk my Harley just snicks into to gear with no fuss or muss. The Rocket seems to have a pronounced clunk when shifting up or down. Does this sound like the norm? It shifts with no problem but seems significantly louder than what I am accustomed to.
Turn signals work fine but I am struggling to remember to push the little button to turn them off after a turn. I hope in time this will become second nature but so far it is very annoying to ride several blocks and/or miles and then notice the blinking light for the turn signals. Is there an automatic turn signal off gizmo available like I am accustomed to on my Harley?
Thanks.
VR

Ya might take a gander at the Kisan Signal Minder, 100 HD for your model & year.
I've used one on my R3R since new, 2012, and it works great. You can even set for different blinker durations.
100HD - Parts that fit: SHOWN BELOW

My 2010 Touring signals turn off by them self after 8 seconds and 65 Meters. Or you can press the center of the button.
I don't know about other models.
Hey,

Thanks, that is exactly what I need to know.

VR

Back