Tuner needed, any help?

Akbusa1

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hello all, can anyone suggest a good shop in Washington State, preferably on the Eastern side.
I'm installing a Carpenter Pipe, triple K@N's and tuner on my 15 Roadster. And frankly do't trust the knowledge of my local dealer in the Tri-Cities. I'm willing to drive for someone with performance knowledge, who I can trust.
Thanks in advance for any help.
JP:cool:

When you say tuner what do you mean, something like a PC5? If you want the best tuner in the PNW pack a bag and ride over to the wet side Nels is probably the guy with the most knowledge and most experience tuning R3s in the PNW. Give him a call, chat with him and then go see him. :)

bob

When you say tuner what do you mean, something like a PC5? If you want the best tuner in the PNW pack a bag and ride over to the wet side Nels is probably the guy with the most knowledge and most experience tuning R3s in the PNW. Give him a call, chat with him and then go see him. :)

bob
Thanks for the reply, after talking with Carpenter Racing, the suggest a Tuneecu download to my ecu that will up rev limiter and speed limitations, they said if I wanted to also include a PC5 it could be fine tuned for best performance.
As far as "tuner", I mean someone who has allot of knowledge, I can bolt things on, but as far as downloading and getting the best out of the bike, I bow out when I left carburated bikes, lol.
I grew up in Olimpia Wa, is that anywhere near Nels?
Thanks for the reply, I'm anxiousness to get this done and put some miles on the scoot.
Take care
JP

Thanks Bob, I'll be making some phone calls tomorrow. Stay safe.
JP

LISTEN to Bob!
I sent him to nels, who has dyno tuned all my motors for several years.
I took @albertaduke there as well last summer and he also is very satisfied.
Many of my riding friends (other brands or model Triumphs) also use Nels.
If you go to his shop the price is best.

LISTEN to Bob!
I sent him to nels, who has dyno tuned all my motors for several years.
I took @albertaduke there as well last summer and he also is very satisfied.
Many of my riding friends (other brands or model Triumphs) also use Nels.
If you go to his shop the price is best.

Thanks for the heads up, talked with them today and will be taking the scoot there in February to have her tuned and Dyno. Can't wait to get this done and open her up. Haven had a rush like this since my Busa.

Thanks for the heads up, talked with them today and will be taking the scoot there in February to have her tuned and Dyno. Can't wait to get this done and open her up. Haven had a rush like this since my Busa.
Take her to 2wheel dyno, say hi to nels. My rocket runs like a freight train now.

Thanks for the reply, after talking with Carpenter Racing, the suggest a Tuneecu download to my ecu that will up rev limiter and speed limitations, they said if I wanted to also include a PC5 it could be fine tuned for best performance.
As far as "tuner", I mean someone who has allot of knowledge, I can bolt things on, but as far as downloading and getting the best out of the bike, I bow out when I left carburated bikes, lol.
I grew up in Olimpia Wa, is that anywhere near Nels?
Thanks for the reply, I'm anxiousness to get this done and put some miles on the scoot.
Take care
JP
JP just so you know Carpenter was most likely talking Tune Boy for the higher rpm map. There are custom Tune boy maps that run up to 9000 rpms. No that you need 9000 rpms but running a stocker up to 7400 is not out of the question. The PCV will override any limitations put on the injector pulse width ratio set in the ECU which neither tune boy nor tune ecu can re program. I am not kicking tune ecu just wanted you to know its limitations other then that it is a fine program. Especially for the price :)

I also just noticed you have a 2015 so I can not speak to whether Tune boy has built a custom map yet for it. Or if it is any different from the 2014 programming. If they have it the new tune boy also incorporates a Innovate wide ban controller and wireless link up to the ECU. Its a wee bit pricey but has a lot more goodies to play with.

Last edited:
You or Nels can raise the rev limiter and open up the secondaries with TuneECU. Does he have the cable? Then he can adjust the fuel with the PCV.

Back