I recently made a few screenshots from my android table to discuss this whole thing with my pal, so let me step in here please. Here is the original ETV table, sport mode, Rocket 3R, international markets (the US and CAN maps may look slightly different due to the poor fuel quality you guys have):

R3r ETV original.jpg
Here is the corresponding DNK table:
R3r ETV DNK.jpg

I recently made a few screenshots from my android table to discuss this whole thing with my pal, so let me step in here please. Here is the original ETV table, sport mode, Rocket 3R, international markets (the US and CAN maps may look slightly different due to the poor fuel quality you guys have):

R3r ETV original.jpg
Here is the corresponding DNK table
R3r ETV DNK.jpg
You can see where that 177 hp comes from. Any changes to the ignition tables?

Exactly. Some changes to the ingition tables in closed and wide open throttle:
99115845-3E69-4B08-8000-C4A096A4537D.jpeg
I was pretty impressed with my DNK tune. This tune for the new Rocket seems very impressive. However, if you add a completely custom exhaust/intake, how is she going to tune for it?

I was pretty impressed with my DNK tune. This tune for the new Rocket seems very impressive. However, if you add a completely custom exhaust/intake, how is she going to tune for it?
The DNK tune will only work if the bike you load it on has the same configuration as the bike it was created on - very much like Triumph does in the factory: They develop one tune (in fact, one for each major region) and then load that one tune on all the bikes on the line.
If your configuration differs, say, because of an aftermarket exhaust, would would need to adjust the tune on the dyno. You could argue that the fuel trim tables should take care of that. But due to the narrowband O2 sensor that is being used, this is probably only possible in a very limited way.
Now, if there were a Powercommander plus Autotune available for the R3, that would be a whole different story: You could use the Autotune broadband O2 sensor to create a trim table in the Powercommander maps and then import and apply those trim tables to the map using TuneECUs import feature. The resulting map would then represent your individual configuration.
Kind of a long-winded answer to a brief question, I am afraid.

She does ask about any mods when you order, so she can tweak it for them, but without a Dyno run for each possible configuration, she is probably guessing.

She does ask about any mods when you order, so she can tweak it for them, but without a Dyno run for each possible configuration, she is probably guessing.
I’m not sure she doesn’t use a dyno. If not, her guesses seem to be pretty good.

I’m not sure she doesn’t use a dyno. If not, her guesses seem to be pretty good.
I assume she does, but not sure how she could account for all the variations of different exhausts, I doubt she did a Dyno run of my exact configuration.

Now, if there were a Powercommander plus Autotune available for the R3, that would be a whole different story: You could use the Autotune broadband O2 sensor to create a trim table in the Powercommander maps and then import and apply those trim tables to the map using TuneECUs import feature. The resulting map would then represent your individual configuration.
Isn't that more or less what Richard Albans did at TTS with his prototype supercharger?????

Just waiting for my OBDLink LX OBD2 to come in and I can see how this tune feels. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

Back