TTS Supercharger for Thunderbird

Or get a little Bonnie with proper looks much less mass, boost power to 100hp & run rings around both the T'bird & Rocket
WELL that's a lot of $ to spend on a Bonneville how bout one of the new 1200cc bikes modded that would make more sense. The new 1200cc THRUXTON is a great looker and we will modify one as soon as they are available and its going to make more HP than the old bonny modified

Last edited:
WELL that's a lot of $ to spend on a Bonneville how bout one of the new 1200cc bikes modded that would make more sense. The new 1200cc THRUXTON is a great looker and we will modify one as soon as they are available and its going to make more HP than the old bonny modified
Yes that's what I thought, that is why I have a Thruxton 'R' on order, top end work & exhaust + high bars are all on the cards :evil:

on the RAT forum there's a huge discussion on the new speed twin specs and a lot of us wondering why a 900 c.c. liquid cooled bike makes LESS hp and rpm than the older air cooled 865! I hope they don't market the 1200 twin as a hi torque low hp motor. The 1215 triple makes no more power than the 1050 does so I hope you guys with deposits on the 1200 twin get competitive performance for your money and not sportster like numbers. This thread is drifting but I think it's showing the direction triumph is heading and I don't expect to see out of the box performance from triumph ever again.

Or get a little Bonnie with proper looks much less mass, boost power to 100hp & run rings around
Plan B, just a plan B
And it does sound like a lot of fun beating stock rockets with a modded Bonneville but a retuned Rocket with a pipe and intake that remains to be seen and does anyone have Dyno results for a Bonny that show 100 HP ? We have one at Carpenters but havnt made it to the drag strip yet Ive been trying to persuade Bob to let us go to ATCO to dial it in SO what times and speed do think it will run ?

I saw the video a few days ago. I'm thrilled there's a supercharger kit for the T-Bird, and it looks great!
I would be thrilled if it made over 200 HP 160 is not enough the old Kawasaki Z1 turbo kits would make more than that in 1973 on a 900cc engine and the bike weighed 500 lbs

yea but a 16-1700 twin? there's a lot of mass to overcome and I don't think that bike would survive high rpm's very long.

Yes that's what I thought, that is why I have a Thruxton 'R' on order, top end work & exhaust + high bars are all on the cards :evil:
YES that new Thruxton R is a great looking bike and should be a fun ride in stock condition

Back