snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Any one tried to mount a trunk to the Triumph luggage rack? If so what kind? Having a hard time finding anything, thanks.:confused:

How Much Room Is There?

First......do you have a sissy bar attached or just the horizontal rack? I would think you could find something that would bolt, strap or possibly put on a quick release attachment to hold a trunk. Second.....how big of a trunk are you thinking about? I've used a Pelican 1520 series that is a weather-proofed case before with just bungi cords holding it. Works great when you need that extra amount of storage. I'll start looking around.

The Triumph luggage racks are attacked to the sissy bars.

I use a Kuryakin Grand Tour. It just straps on and can hold a full helmet.

How about Givi trunks?

PianoMan said:
First......do you have a sissy bar attached or just the horizontal rack? I would think you could find something that would bolt, strap or possibly put on a quick release attachment to hold a trunk. Second.....how big of a trunk are you thinking about? I've used a Pelican 1520 series that is a weather-proofed case before with just bungi cords holding it. Works great when you need that extra amount of storage. I'll start looking around.
I have a sissy bar attached, but it will come off and leave just the luggage rack. I'd like to mount a trunk with a back and arm rest for the wife, kinda like the Hardleys:eek: . But I'd like it to come off easy, don't care for the couch look, just want to go cross country ever now and then. Thanks.

Hey snuffcityrider,I got a thing from Leatherlyke saying they got trunks now,small,medium and a big sucker 35qt job.Don't know about how easy it is to take off but if their saddlebags are anything like it shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Leatherlyke has the large trunk with and without a built-in backrest, so you can mount it with or without the sissy bar. I am leaning toward the one without the backrest. I haven't been able to look at one yet, but I am confident you could come up with hardware that would let you remove it quickly wtihout a lot of tools. I would really like to find a luggage rack for the lid, so I could strap stuff like jackets on the top. I think I will probably order one after the first of the year, and I will post an update.

Back