Trunk rack for Roadster?

MtnManCO

.020 Over
Hello,

I am trying to find a suitable rack for my 2013 RIII Roadster so I can install a trunk. For longer trips I am planning to get a large trunk.

I just got off the phone with Wompus Racks (Wompus Bike Racks - Home of Heavy Duty Custom Built Steel Motorcycle Racks) and learned that their racks do not work for the Roadster.:(

Is there any rack that works for the Roadster?

Thank you!
Armin

Hello,

I am trying to find a suitable rack for my 2013 RIII Roadster so I can install a trunk. For longer trips I am planning to get a large trunk.

I just got off the phone with Wompus Racks (Wompus Bike Racks - Home of Heavy Duty Custom Built Steel Motorcycle Racks) and learned that their racks do not work for the Roadster.:(

Is there any rack that works for the Roadster?

Thank you!
Armin

do not think there is an oversize rack for the roadster

why not making something yourself
I travel with a big bag so I made a plate that fit onto the small OEM rack , tripled the surface available on which I can tie down a very big suitcase you could screw down a big trunk as well .
total cost $40 for the aluminium sheet + nuts and bolts could send you a picture but it is a very simple thing to make really!!

Thank you, albertaduke!

Did you modify the OEM solo rack, which is mounted instead of the rear seat?
Occasionally I ride two-up and I would like to keep the passenger seat, if possible.

Armin

One of the good things about owning a Rocket in my opinion. There's not a 300 page catalogue of parts for it. Brings out the 'nutty professor ' in us all either inventing or modifying what we have to suit our needs. It makes for individuality .. bit of a rare thing in these days of 'cookie cutter' styled motorcycles ;)

One of the good things about owning a Rocket in my opinion. There's not a 300 page catalogue of parts for it. Brings out the 'nutty professor ' in us all either inventing or modifying what we have to suit our needs. It makes for individuality .. bit of a rare thing in these days of 'cookie cutter' styled motorcycles ;)

I fully agree, Tomcat, I want to make it mine! Having a hard time finding the part I am looking for just stimulates me to make it work, one way or another.

Armin

You could buy the luggage bar set up minus the sissy bar and bolt a larger platform or box to that.

You could buy the luggage bar set up minus the sissy bar and bolt a larger platform or box to that.

You mean this item?

That's probably the best starting point. I could even use the sissy bar as "vertical anchor point" for the top case.

Good exercise for developing my fabrication skills. And it has to look good too...

here is what I did using the STD Triumph rack and as mentioned earlier reinforced the base with an alloy plate to spread the pressure, I also made side plates to lift the rack by the same spacing as original bolts so that box would clear the leather Triumph bags and also so the back pad was above the seat and last but not least to mount my number plate above the tailight

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 158
Back