Trouble shooting electric fan

ToledoBendTom

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket
Well spring is here, fish ain’t biting so back to getting the 05 Rocket road ready.

I have removed the radiator to investigate why the cooling fan wasn’t working. I notice a two blade connector for the fan, shouldn’t I be able to add power to the connector to test fan operation?

Well spring is here, fish ain’t biting so back to getting the 05 Rocket road ready.

I have removed the radiator to investigate why the cooling fan wasn’t working. I notice a two blade connector for the fan, shouldn’t I be able to add power to the connector to test fan operation?

And, are all radiator caps on water cooled motorcycles fitted with a safety bolt to secure the cap?

And one more And. Ok to use radiator fluid designed for aluminum blocks or should I bend over at the dealership?

On the fan, yes it should go on if you put power to it. On the cap, the only bike I've ever seen it on were my two Rockets. Neither of my two VStroms nor my Kawasaki Nomad had it.

I've been wondering about coolant type myself. I've always purchased tge pre-mix at the dealerships.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem , turned out to be the coolant temp sender . Five minutes to replace it but a lot longer to actually get to the little bastard !

For coolant, I use Engine Ice. Used it on my previous bike, 2009 Kawasaki Nomad with 133,000 miles when I got rid of it for the R3T. It worked well for me.

+1 on engine ice!
Hi folks,

I tested the fan relay, hopefully showing no continuity in the relay, so new one on order. Along with radiator hoses, clamps etc. should be here in a couple of days. Will open manual and locate this temp sensor, might add to order just in case. Don’t want to reassemble only for the sensor to be at fault.

Thanks

Back