triumph store closing down

That is a big part of my taking over, bringing everything up in efficiency and making sure we have happy customers. And I'm going to do my best to do both!

Good luck mate - keep us in the loop. Hopefully you’ll become the reference for Triumph service managers!

I have two local friends (two blood brothers) that started out with a local, modest sized Aprilia dealership, then they brought in Victory which succeeded so well (one of Vic's top dealers in the US) that it prompted them to buy a much larger and more prominent building. When Victory went tits up, they rolled right into a large and lovely full-service Indian dealership - also doing very, very well.

As they contemplated and then bought the new building, they were negotiating with Triumph to bring in that flag, but the inventory requirements and costs involved forced them to defer their decision about becoming a Triumph dealer for the time being. Hope springs eternal, though, because these fellas' are former racers, know the game and their business' landscape very well - real straight shooters - and they will not be pushed into a bad or premature decision.

Some of the best shops I have visited are a far cry from boutique style. Performance cycle in bethany Oklahoma had some of the sharpest mechanics around. They lost there franchise with Truimph due to the size of there showroom. You could call them up and ask questions and they were always willing to help. Now all we have are nice looking showrooms with Morons working as mechanics in the three shops here in Oklahoma. Same can be said for the Harley dealerships. I'll take the dirty counter tops and smell of burnt coffee any-day.
So much truth in your words!!

I started at my present dealer in Knoxville buying Indian motorcycles. They also carry Triumph and have seen them there for three years now. On a whim I bought a used R3 and have been very pleased with the dealer and the mechanic. They have one main guy in the shop and he can work on anything that has nuts and bolts.

They are like extended family to us and treat us like royalty. We have rode with most of them and have all their personal cell phones in our contact lists. No frilly girls with sexy bods just great blokes that love bikes.

Ah, yes, The Paris Agreement might see to that reality sooner over there than over here excepting for a few of our more environmentally progressive states such as Cali.:unsure:
Not unless prices drop and "refilling" speeds up.
... know the game and their business' landscape very well - real straight shooters - and they will not be pushed into a bad or premature decision.
This is the key point and something many mfrs seem unwilling to deal with. And it is (imo) a serious issue born of "seeing things one way" and also being wildly successful in one market sector whilst TRYING to cover several. I have a mate here who the Piaggio group (Aprilla, Guzzi etc) REALLY want to sell their bikes. He is their "go to" service dealer for Madrid PROVINCE. If dealers were allowed more leeway on what they stocked (based on their clients) they would do better - But, and it is an important but, it will means that fringe tastes (like R3s) would be near impossible to find.

I've learned that attractive women are people too and like to be talked to like the rest of us. I think the sexiest thing in the world is a hot woman spinning wrenches.

AD624637-01BE-49FA-8132-812AEE6CD9DA.jpeg
I've learned that attractive women are people too and like to be talked to like the rest of us. I think the sexiest thing in the world is a hot woman spinning wrenches.

Don’t we all BigNorm!!!

Back