triumph store closing down

Truimph is copying Harley's idea of a post card store. If the dealership does not conform to standards and display they loose their dealership. Has nothing to do with how well the dealership is doing or quality of work performed. Very sad.

Some of the best shops I have visited are a far cry from boutique style. Performance cycle in bethany Oklahoma had some of the sharpest mechanics around. They lost there franchise with Truimph due to the size of there showroom. You could call them up and ask questions and they were always willing to help. Now all we have are nice looking showrooms with Morons working as mechanics in the three shops here in Oklahoma. Same can be said for the Harley dealerships. I'll take the dirty counter tops and smell of burnt coffee any-day.

I dont know the reason for this one - but Triumph seem to be going for exclusive sales. There is a movement towards boutique style of store. Triumph Newcastle is a good example.
Yes it seems Total Triumph of Taunton have gone that way also , cleared the showroom to a floor full of nothingness , other than a coffee bar and displays of outrageously expensive Triumph branded merchandise !

Some of the best shops I have visited are a far cry from boutique style. Performance cycle in bethany Oklahoma had some of the sharpest mechanics around. They lost there franchise with Truimph due to the size of there showroom. You could call them up and ask questions and they were always willing to help. Now all we have are nice looking showrooms with Morons working as mechanics in the three shops here in Oklahoma. Same can be said for the Harley dealerships. I'll take the dirty counter tops and smell of burnt coffee any-day.
Good techs are hit or miss no matter what you ride or drive. I will always do my own service so that part doesn't matter to me as much. I've heard Reno has a good tech and tuner if you switch over to PC5. I don't know why I bought the warantee on my bike. I just like knowing what has actually been done. So far I have personally done all my own work on my R3. One of the reasons I like most Harley Dealers is that they provide a place for you to get a cup of coffee and meet other riders. A lot of times while you are in there you can't help but get a new part or t shirt. It was all part of the fun.

Back