Triumph Quit Ignoring Your Ignition Problems

Thanks, I am buying the R3GT next week, if I can , I will keep the Road Glide. It is a 2020, did 2 large trips from CT to Miami, was on the road for 19:45 hrs no stop (gas only) each way 4 times, got 8500 miles now and the bike is a monster, fantastic and zero issues.
I travel a lot from CT to Canada and Miami, so I want to do that with the R3GT, just a bit afraid of what I read.
Thanks a lot, you made me feel better about buying my GT.
Cheers

Yes you are correct, the R3 ignition burnout seems to be on the older models like mine which is a 2007 classic model, which I was forced to fix myself after my R3 broke down in the highlands of Scotland. Thanks to many on this great site I was able to learn how to fix the problem using an eager beaver H4 relay bypass, which you can buy from them. Don't worry about the new rockets having this ignition problem, they don't, because Triumph no longer send the headlight voltage via the ignition, which of course is not designed to handle such high power, it was inevitable that the ignition would heat up and burn out on the older R3 models. Triumph eventually admitted that there was indeed a fault problem with their ignitions, but they only said it was on the Roadster models, NOT SO! They eventually sent out to all their Triumph agencies a new bypass relay part, this to fix the problem, but only on the Roadster, not on the Classic model like mine. If you look on this thread you'll also see my miserable story of when my bike broke down, but eventually I did make it back home. All in all the new Rocket 3 is a fantastic bike and I can say that the ignition problem is no longer an issue on the new models. This site was my saviour in fixing my Rocket 3, the guys on here really know their stuff and I thank them all for their help... they know who they are.
Great to know, more courage on my deal either the 2020 R3GT after reading that.
Appreciated it.
Cheers

Back