Triumph Factory Tour...and a cheap feel of the new Rocket 3 TFC Engine!

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. Living in the states will probably never get the opportunity to travel there. Looks like a cool experience. I'm really excited about the new TFC rocket.

upload_2019-3-19_19-22-53.png

upload_2019-3-19_19-23-32.png

I'm still concerned about the foot peg location on the forward front of the engine. Like you have to hug the header. And if its not hot it must have a garden hose for pipe under a geat shield. Still interested but would like more information. Bad enough the nearest dealer is 200 miles away!!!! So the support no matter how good would blow !!!!!

Most Excellent report! Your thoroughness is impressive... :)
-MIG

Lol...you sound like my ol headmaster...( just kidding...I’ll go stand in the corner and face the wall for this rudeness);)

The initial response in my head has to stay there... or I'll be standing in the corner for the next 30 days or so... Professional hazard... ;):rolleyes::eek::cool:
-MIG

I'm still concerned about the foot peg location on the forward front of the engine. Like you have to hug the header. And if its not hot it must have a garden hose for pipe under a geat shield. Still interested but would like more information. Bad enough the nearest dealer is 200 miles away!!!! So the support no matter how good would blow !!!!!
Ok so I will correct myself I now see there are two foot peg locations where they just bolt into the engine case. Hope they don't break the case on your simple honest tip over. That would just blow oh excuse me insurance agent I just tipped it over in the driveway bow I need new engine cases please?????

Oh yes, but we had that figured out a while ago, it was just a question I asked on the tour for further verification.

It was March 2013 I believe they started it. Bikes and also spares ECUs are blank and locked coming from Triumph.
Only Triumph dealers (and cowboys like yours truly) can unlock and upload a map/tune or "calibration" as they call it so the bike or more specifically the ECU can be used.
After this unlock you can play about all you want with 3rd party map editors like TuneECU and TuneEdit (TuneBoy).

Great Report. 2 Questions.
1. Did you see/hear anything about other versions of the new Rocket ?
2. Are you saying the "locked" ECU on the new Bonneville/Thruxton bikes is not actually locked ? I can hook up TuneECU and load new tunes ?

Very good to read this....you really must have been listening!!....Was the tour guide Phil?...I have met him here in NZ if it was..he is retired now but works there on short hours nowadays as they wanted him back...He managed to get some photos of himself sitting on the concept TFC after that video they did when they showed the Thruxton and the Rocket. Pulled his phone out and showed us the photos so it was legit. Told us a few things about the new Rocket but was very tongue in cheek. From what you have said re the motor etc it seems he was spot on.
Really looking forward to seeing this bike!

Back