Mighty Mouse

It's All In The Reflexes!
Ride
Your girlfriend
I have been having trouble with my 2020 Rocket after gas fill-ups. I noticed 3 hours after a fill-up if I took off the gas cap then gas would spill out with a ton of air. I found out two weeks ago during service my 'new' charcoal filter canister is plugged. Plugged after (at the time 700 miles, nice) I drove it to the dealers today to have it fixed on warranty. As I drove up I noticed my exhaust covered in what looked like oil. It stained my matt black area of the exhaust and upon further inspection found out that my water pump may have a leak or a crack around the fan area. The exhaust has the coolant or oil (still don't know) burned onto the exhaust. I'm hoping it comes off and if not they will have to remedy that also. This is with 1K on my bike. I love the hell out of the Rocket although I'm a little concerned with the problems. It has also died on me twice at around 5 to 10 mph slowing for a red traffic phase. Best it happen now than in a 1 year and 10 months.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have been having trouble with my 2020 Rocket after gas fill-ups. I noticed 3 hours after a fill-up if I took off the gas cap then gas would spill out with a ton of air. I found out two weeks ago during service my 'new' charcoal filter canister is plugged. Plugged after (at the time 700 miles, nice) I drove it to the dealers today to have it fixed on warranty. As I drove up I noticed my exhaust covered in what looked like oil. It stained my matt black area of the exhaust and upon further inspection found out that my water pump may have a leak or a crack around the fan area. The exhaust has the coolant or oil (still don't know) burned onto the exhaust. I'm hoping it comes off and if not they will have to remedy that also. This is with 1K on my bike. I love the hell out of the Rocket although I'm a little concerned with the problems. It has also died on me twice at around 5 to 10 mph slowing for a red traffic phase. Best it happen now than in a 1 year and 10 months.:thumbsup:
I had the same thing on my car. Charcoal canister was ruined from gas getting in on it. Mechanic told me it was from over filling at the pump. Said when it clicks off stop. Don't keep clicking to put more in. Lets see what the stealer tells you. Good luck.

I had the same thing on my car. Charcoal canister was ruined from gas getting in on it. Mechanic told me it was from over filling at the pump. Said when it clicks off stop. Don't keep clicking to put more in. Lets see what the stealer tells you. Good luck.
Since it was brand new there really isn't much for them to say. How many times can you fill up a bike with at the time 700 miles on it. They approved the replacement but now have oil or radiator fluid burned onto my exhaust so they have to look at the where the oil/fluid came from and remedy the burned/stained exhaust.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the new bike. Don’t let it get to much in your head.

BTW why such low mileage?

I have a friend @maurice that had some problems with his when he filled it up. i will let him explain.
Mine was not exactly like Mightys. I was parking on a slant toward kickstand. Symptoms were power cut out once in awhile, briefly. Apparently gas went into canister. No plugged canister, nor gas/air coming out.
Problem solved parking diffently.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the new bike. Don’t let it get to much in your head.

BTW why such low mileage

Without getting boring a few epidurals to my neck and not really functioning well since September. Most of the time I have been in an Opiate stupor but hey, I feel better now and am planning a long trip at the end of June. I really enjoy the Rocket as it's a cross between my old 81 Yamaha 1100 Special and my 14 Rocket. No regrets here at all.:thumbsup:

Update :
Just got a call from the dealer and the problem wasn't the cannister it is the Tank. I need a new tank! They have to send for the tank in the UK (at least the tanks are made there) and when they receive the tank they will put it on. The Lamonster tank pads I had on will be a casualty of changing tanks. The total time is up to ONE FRIGGIN MONTH!! That isn't including the oil/radiator leak. Murphy's law is hitting me pretty hard. I don't know what to say as I'm speechless. I'm sure the battery will be dead and the key fob also dead plus scratches that I know will appear after one month sitting at the dealers. I took loads of pics so they will have to take care of that also. I don't think it can get much worse but I'm thinking it just might. This shouldn't happen to a brand new Motorcycle. Trying to stay positive but come on! :mad:

Update :
Just got a call from the dealer and the problem wasn't the cannister it is the Tank. I need a new tank! They have to send for the tank in the UK (at least the tanks are made there) and when they receive the tank they will put it on. The Lamonster tank pads I had on will be a casualty of changing tanks. The total time is up to ONE FRIGGIN MONTH!! That isn't including the oil/radiator leak. Murphy's law is hitting me pretty hard. I don't know what to say as I'm speechless. I'm sure the battery will be dead and the key fob also dead plus scratches that I know will appear after one month sitting at the dealers. I took loads of pics so they will have to take care of that also. I don't think it can get much worse but I'm thinking it just might. This shouldn't happen to a brand new Motorcycle. Trying to stay positive but come on! :mad:
Sounds like you are suffering the unfortunate consequence of a 'series 1' purchase...any chance you'd get a loaner from the dealer while yours was being repaired? Mine had a 120 Bonnie tlavailable if you booked it

Back