.....If I ran my business like that, I'd be outta business. On the flip side, Triumph has been exceptionally good with those of us who are out of warranty and needing major surgery...like engine rebuilds but then we didn't deal directly with Triumph either.

I've heard that Triumph in Newman Georgia is nothing more than a few offices and some warehouse space with a set of sexy legs and a telephone at the door. But then, i've never been there, just heard that. Maybe I should visit, I like sexy long legs, I'm a voyeur from a way back.:D

Of course back in the 60's, Berliner Motors in Hasbruck, New Jersey was nothing more than an office for a freight forwarder but they were the Norton Distributors.

More transmission woes

I was riding the bike this past weekend attending Biketoberfest here in Daytona. While cruising the bike has developed a vibration in all gears, most noticeable in 5th at highway speeds. If you pull ever-so-slightly on the clutch lever the vibration goes away. The bike now has 22K miles (14K since trans rebuild).

I stopped by the Triumph dealer to ask the service folks what might be the issue. I was informed it could be either the clutch throw-out bearing or the transmission input bearing. Either way they would need to tear into the bike to find out. When I told them the engine has already been apart twice they took my info and told me they would contact Triumph on my behalf.

***Update ***
Spoke with Triumph today, they refuse to provide any kind of assistance towards getting this fixed. Its a shame especially when it seems to be a very similar problem that they already fixed.

Anyone else have this issue? What was the resolution?

I likewise had a transmission problem

Now I don't and after a 43 day long debacle back in August & September with a 2010 R3T. I am just glad to be rid of a bad dealer and a halfass motorcycle company (great bikes just lousy customer service) having traded the Triumph in on a new 2012 Victory Cross Country. I'm just glad it is over with and I'm not looking back.

Don't you miss the torque and HP? I rode the CC and CC touring and while I liked the bikes looks and rides I could not handle the power loss and lack of low end.

I am waiting for the F6B to come out before making any decisions.

I was riding the bike this past weekend attending Biketoberfest here in Daytona. While cruising the bike has developed a vibration in all gears, most noticeable in 5th at highway speeds. If you pull ever-so-slightly on the clutch lever the vibration goes away. The bike now has 22K miles (14K since trans rebuild).

I stopped by the Triumph dealer to ask the service folks what might be the issue. I was informed it could be either the clutch throw-out bearing or the transmission input bearing. Either way they would need to tear into the bike to find out. When I told them the engine has already been apart twice they took my info and told me they would contact Triumph on my behalf.

***Update ***
Spoke with Triumph today, they refuse to provide any kind of assistance towards getting this fixed. Its a shame especially when it seems to be a very similar problem that they already fixed.

Anyone else have this issue? What was the resolution?

How much free play do you have on the clutch lever?

as most of u already know i traded mine for a 2012 crossroad me personaly dont think will really get over the lost of the torque or hp but it is a good ride once u own a rocket i dont think u really get over not having one after its gone

Back