albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
done ... finally .. I removed the center post and both individual horse doors and replaced them with a ramp door 13 inches from the ground and 5 feet long plywood and checker plates plus two steel stiffeners and to lift and lower I also mounted a winch inside controlled by remote that will raise and lower the door getting old is now in my mind whenever I do carpentry of course i do not compete with @Claviger for knowledge in motor and riding but still connected somehow to my rocket3 I am happy with the result end of file
DSCN0043.JPG
DSCN0050.JPG

Great job.

That door looks like a great big mirror.

Would not enjoy riding / driving up behind that at night.

done on purpose !! I do not see them easily behind then I assume cages won't come too close .
I had a motorhome some time ago with a horse trailer behind loaded with my R3 driving on the highways near sacramento , some idiot spilling some coffe while driving at 45 mph rear ended me smashed the center post of that horsetrailer and damaged the rear fender of my ride , his car was a write off the centrepost on my trailer sheared the engine mounts on his car( early honda civic) nevertheless after that experience I decided on shiny back for the trailer.

have not yet gotten into problems with the law , for that shiny door I also have a sign SAVED FROM THE PREVIOUS TRAILER which I will install later on this door it is a big outline in black of a truck style horn in a red circle crossed with a red line diagonally and a caption that read in bold black letters BLIND HORSE.
that once got me stopped by the police as they never had heard nor seen such sign no fine just a big grin from all

Last edited:
Back