stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
Well I finally broke down and got a trailer to haul a bike. I've always ridden everywhere and had no use for a trailer unless I broke down and needed a lift. But I was younger too. And tolerated the heat better. Anyway, I wanted something small enough to tow behind the Jeep. I looked and looked at used trailers of all kind. Custom ones, standups, aluminum ones, 12" and 13" wheels, overpriced and worn out. Nothing I was happy with.
I came across this little 5x8 v-nose toy box brand new for less than some of those used trailers. Brand new 15" tires. I need to relocate the spare and put a wheel chock and some d-rings down. An added benefit is the Jeep has limited storage anyway so gives me room for gear.

Rocket box.jpeg
RocketRoll.jpeg
Rock box.jpeg

SWEET! I like that it's fully enclosed and I'm a fan of the the extra room in the nose..
-MIG

The thing pulls like a dream. Super Quiet and it only dropped the F250 one mpg on the trip home. The Jeep should handle it. I think it's going to be a big plus over an open top.
I need to find a tire brace that doesn't have a front mounting crossbar to fit in the nose. And big enough for the Rockets' frontal size. :p Once I get that and mounted I can figure out d-ring locations and where to put the spare tire. Gonna be nice out of the weather. We just had 8 inches and it was dry as a bone.

Great looking trailer. If you would like to keep it I recommend getting a GPS tracker for when it gets stolen. Trailers are the #1 theft target in the US because they are easy to steal and like Craker Jacks there's a surprise inside. I use GPS and Track (Home - GPS Tracking). My first trailer was not so equipped and it was stolen from a locked and monitored public storage facility. I mounted the tracker on the roof of my new trailer and the waterproof case proved to be not so waterproof after a snow, the company replaced it no cost (including returning the old unit) so I mounted it inside the trailer. Works like a charm.

I went with E-tracks on the new trailer but I had a Lock and Load in the old one that I really liked. It locked the front wheel to the chock allowing the suspension to operate freely while on the go.

Last edited:
If you can't find a brace for the front wheel then you could probably fabricate one without too much trouble using some 2x4's or similar.

Nice trailer.
Great looking trailer. If you would like to keep it I recommend getting a GPS tracker for when it gets stolen. Trailers are the #1 theft target in the US because they are easy to steal and like Craker Jacks there's a surprise inside. I use GPS and Track (Home - GPS Tracking). My first trailer was not so equipped and it was stolen from a locked and monitored public storage facility. I mounted the tracker on the roof of my new trailer and the waterproof case proved to be not so waterproof after a snow, the company replaced it no cost (including returning the old unit) so I mounted it inside the trailer. Works like a charm.

I went with E-tracks on the new trailer but I had a Lock and Load in the old one that I really liked. It locked the front wheel to the chock allowing the suspension to operate freely while on the go.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I don't want it stolen for sure. I swung by Harbor Freight today and looked at what they had. Not sure about those Pittsburg wheel chocks they had. Box said may not fit some wide wheels. A 180 front is about as wide as they come. They did have some 5 foot e-track at $22 a piece. But I've never used that and don't have any of the e-track straps. Could be an option though.
I did pick up a new trailer jack that rotates out of the way of the Jeeps spare tire. It has wheels instead of a flat foot so I can roll it around too.

I went with Condor E-track in the new trailer. I had them install the e-track the length of the trailer. Advantage of the system is you can move the chock to balance the hitch tongue weight. My Rocket front tire fit perfectly in the chock. I used tiedowns on E-clip rings at the front to hold the tire in the chocks (I'm set up for two bikes). Shop - Motorcycle Garage Dollies, Pit Stops, & Other Accessories - Condor

1661432317206.png

I went with Condor E-track in the new trailer. I had them install the e-track the length of the trailer. Advantage of the system is you can move the chock to balance the hitch tongue weight. My Rocket front tire fit perfectly in the chock. I used tiedowns on E-clip rings at the front to hold the tire in the chocks (I'm set up for two bikes). Shop - Motorcycle Garage Dollies, Pit Stops, & Other Accessories - Condor
The e-track is neat but I'm going simple with this and d-rings for now. Something like this one here will fit up in the v-nose and hold it until strapped down. I installed a swing away jack and removed the stock fixed one.
1662125015575.png

70075 | maxxhaul

The e-track is neat but I'm going simple with this and d-rings for now. Something like this one here will fit up in the v-nose and hold it until strapped down. I installed a swing away jack and removed the stock fixed one.
1662125015575.png

70075 | maxxhaul
Used this in my trailer and it worked well.
-MIG

Looks like it will work.
MaxxHaul.jpeg

I'll move the spare tire mount to the back and bolt everything down.
Drings.jpeg

Blew an old tire moving another load of hay. I was lucky on those E rated Light Truck tires. I put some brand new 16 ply G Trailer tires on it today.
flat tire.jpeg
hay rig.jpeg

Back