Trailer Hitch for Rocket III

RidinSunshine

Turbocharged
For all of you interested. I loaded a picture I took of my Honey Bear's hitch. Pretty heavy duty appearance so may not be what you want. He designed it himself. Just doesn't have the money to try and patent and sell, if you know what I mean....:cool: Oh I just re-read my post. The picture isn't here. It is in the album section I think.

Thanks Tom for the ease of uploading pictures. On a bored day I was looking around and figured out even I could do it. Also thank you for the rolling laughing smiley!

Hey Sunshine, Looks like the ol' Bear did a great job there!

I would like an easy on, easy off hitch. I have access to a trailer, but don't want to have a hitch hanging down when I don't need it.

Bear's hitch is pretty much there. Can take it off and on I guess, but more trouble than a person would probably want. Especially since he mounted tag on it. I just figured I would finally give up the picture with his design for people to see. Everyone has repeatedly asked about hitches for the Rocket and I have kept quiet cause I figured if anyone could make money on it, it should be the Bear Man. He made three I think. But only this one he paid to have chromed. He took one of them to our dealer a month ago to see if they wanted to do anything with it.

Yeh! I wish he could too! I know he kept thinking about how to do it. But the cost of all of the patent stuff and front money to get going really discouraged him. He designed the one for his Boss Hoss too. Recently, we were talking to some other Boss riders that had seen a hitch the Boss Hoss dealer/service guy was selling now. Guess what? Sounded just like his. Oh well! When he took this one to our Triumph dealer he said maybe they will remember him down the road....

hitch vs. warranty

wilbur-t said:
It looks better than any other hitch I've seen on one.

I wish ya'll could go to market with it!

Wilbur:

It specifically states in the owners manual that the addition of a trailer hitch and/or sidecar (my downfall) will void any warranty by Triumph. Interestingly, the manual and/or shop manual for my T100 doesn't state that anywhere. As complicated as the R3 is (in my newbie opinion), if I had a warranty issue, I'd not want to do anything to jeopardize that issue.

Very true statement as I learned today from my dealer that non Triumph bling can void the warranty if it is deemed to be responsible for the failure.However,Triumph is not out to look for ways of voiding warrenty issues.I was surprised to see that they have stepped up to support the product considerably out of the time frame of warrenty.Dink,my service guy is highly regarded by Hinkley:Dso I'll just continue to ride the bejesus out of her.See ya.:p

It specifically states in the owners manual that the addition of a trailer hitch and/or sidecar (my downfall) will void any warranty by Triumph. Interestingly, the manual and/or shop manual for my T100 doesn't state that anywhere. As complicated as the R3 is (in my newbie opinion), if I had a warranty issue, I'd not want to do anything to jeopardize that issue.

Wise words, flip. I feel like Triumph will have to address the bearing problem before too long, so better not to add a trailer hitch at the moment.

Back