Ok this might not matter as you stated yours might have been modified.
Anyway back in the early years of the Rocket there was actually two oil tanks in which you ordered by engine number. Anyway then along came the update kit. which had components for the oil tank and fittings

upload_2017-11-27_7-33-15.png

There were two update kits one for the silver engine and one for the black. But I think the only difference was the color of the out put shaft cover. You might want to inquire so you can tell you bought the right parts for the tank. Meaning if you have the old components are you getting the right O-rings ?

Thanks warp9.9.
Have taken tank to work today I will have the right binkin one on it today. Been a long month with no riding.
Ordered ramair today as that bloody ducting is a PITA to put back together.

Well have correct oring on tank now.

Will put back on after work.

Then spend rest of the night putting **** air ducts back on.

Well I did once so second time cant be that much harder.

Well got the oil tank in place.

Loctite on the bung I removed by mistake $26.70 for 3 drops I used. Might come in handy again.

Ok this might not matter as you stated yours might have been modified.
Anyway back in the early years of the Rocket there was actually two oil tanks in which you ordered by engine number. Anyway then along came the update kit. which had components for the oil tank and fittings

upload_2017-11-27_7-33-15.png

There were two update kits one for the silver engine and one for the black. But I think the only difference was the color of the out put shaft cover. You might want to inquire so you can tell you bought the right parts for the tank. Meaning if you have the old components are you getting the right O-rings ?

Yes my has the 17.0*3.0 oring which was not the the dealer sold me. I wonder if I can get my money back.

Good....but clean up that oil in the air filter cavity and especially the crankcase breather or it will create problems...as I said, its like underwater diving with water in ya snorkel...you'll blow more than an "o" ring!

Well got the bike all back together again and fired it up and she ran like a bag of a holes.

Might have the air ducts not on correctly.
Sure as #ell ain't gonna waste more time on that s#it ducting system.

Ramair on its way from the UK now.

@HansO I have sent a message to looking for a tune to hopefully this time next week I will been riding again. :0)

Plugged in tuneECU did a test throttle body
Running 430 on 1 430 on 2 & 860 on 3.

Can I ride with them the way they are?

Now has me thinking how do you adjust this with out the air ducts attached?

Or do I wait till I get ramair and then adjust it to match no.

Been back in the garage just now and floor had oil on it from the tank again. After running the engine for about Five minutes.

What PITA. Sucked the oil out again man this is getting to be a right PI55 off.

Well I will remove the air ducting again tomorrow night give the tank a shake and hope for the best. I'm sure that the o-ring was the correct size.

Fitted flush in the groove.

I see that there are two holes in the rear Bolt mount stay. Do you use the top one as it is now or change it to the lower hole which might put the tank lower.

Back