phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
Hi guys last night I decided to pull off the TPS and give it a clean as was have issues with high Reving.

All went well until I got it back together. I had a funny noise coming from the unit at the front of the throttle bodies when key turned on.

Any ways I started rocket and she revs straight to 4000 RPM.
WTF. I wreaked the bloody thing.

Go inside check on the kids as wife is out at the movies. Get them off to bed read some stories to the youngest and good night.

I get the workshop manual out have a quick read and back out to the rocket pull the TPS and put in on the angle and rotate. Well bugger me the sound from the front has gone. All smiles now. So it's now 10pm I think it must be all good so I hit the starter and off she roars straight to the 4000 Rpms again with the thunder pipes doing there thing.

Well it finally goes down to idle so I twist the throttle a few times and it nearly dies.

So shut it off and fire it again to hear the same ear shatting 4000 Rpms. This time I hit the kill switch and leave the garage.

Got inside and the wife is home and asks what the hell was that noise as it as so loud.

So any ideas for me to fix this?

I do have the cable if that's any help but no next to nothing about tunes.

The installation you are describing sounds like the Secondary TPS which is located on the #1 throttle body. The Primary TPS is on the rear of # 3 throttle body. are you messing with the right one?

Last edited:
IMG_20171109_064456.jpg
The installation you are describing sounds like the Secondary TPS which is located on the #1 throttle body. The Primary TPS is on the rear of # 3 throttle body. are you messing with the right one?

Yes was the one #3 I pulled off.

Am I using what?

I'm just a thick office worker.
Bloodly lucky that I never turn off the computer at the office as would never get started again.

Not have never even google what that is.
Do have a laptop running windows can I down load it onto that.

Also have an old tablet running Android but not to sure where wife hid it. Also might not have USB port

Been and had a look in the garage and found a cable for the ECU.
Lonelec type.

Warp9.9 thanks for the help so far.
Will get laptop out and see if I can do down load first off.

Also the check engine light is on!!

Well wouldn't you know it the fn laptop has decided to **** it's self and give me a black screen.

Just not my week.

Well the computer has come to life again that's good.

Download Tune ECU and that's as far as I got.

File opened up ok . so do I just connect the cable from laptop pull the light fuse and reset ISCV reset. (idle stepper control voltage reset).
and that's IT?

Well the computer has come to life again that's good.

Download Tune ECU and that's as far as I got.

File opened up ok . so do I just connect the cable from laptop pull the light fuse and reset ISCV reset. (idle stepper control voltage reset).
and that's IT?
this might help you. its not only Rocket specific but has the stuff for the rocket in it

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_...C_Stepper_Adjustment_A4Rev_02_20120204_EN.pdf

Some where I had posted the steps on this site this year but I have note found it yet. Someone might come along that saved it.

Back