IMG_20171212_190604.jpg
It seems to be catching on the bar mounting bracket maybe it has after market risers.
Ok now I see why. In this case turbo is right. Front bolt out remove the rear tank bolt and lift the back of tbe tank up to get it out of tbe mount. You should be able to clear front tab and stand her up. I think ive seen some who added a hing to the front tab so it would fold up out of the way.

Man I like that blue :)

Ok now I see why. In this case turbo is right. Front bolt out remove the rear tank bolt and lift the back of tbe tank up to get it out of tbe mount. You should be able to clear front tab and stand her up. I think ive seen some who added a hing to the front tab so it would fold up out of the way.

Man I like that blue :)

That was my first shop/class in Rocket 3 maintenance. :cool:

Man I like that blue :)[/QUOTE]

You might have seen a few trucks with that blue. As it is frightliner blue.

I need to give it a good clean & polishing to make it pop.

@warp9.9 I will get a few photos with it parked in front of some of my brother inlaws
Trucks soon so you can see the match.

As his yard is only about 3 miles from my work. But can never be sure any will be at the yard maybe over Xmas holidays I could get some.

Well I had sleeves called around last night and after a few hours we had the rocket all mapped up with new map for ramair and cat delete.

Bike idle was fine but became erratic when fan came on revving between 780 - 1020.

Was another hour or so and still not much better after trying a few things.

We (I mean sleeves) adjusted the idle stepper motor out from the 72 volts and seemed to idle better.

Have a 100 mile ride tomorrow morning to get a new front trye so will be keen to see how much better bike goes as only got around the block last night.

@sleeves Thanks for the help and hopefully we can catch up for the Bert Munro motorcycle rally in February.

Sleeves suggested that I move the temperature sensor away from the ramair and put it above the radiator with a small K & N filter over it. To get it away from the heat off the motor and fan.

Back