Check the cable free play 2 to 3 mm pull cable at the throttle grip and most important did I say most important!!!!!! Return cable free play is checked down at the throttle body beyween the cable tube and the throttle wheel. You dont want the stepper motor fighting the cable and all the springs inbetween the first throttle body and the next two ket alone the primary tps.

It could make the idle oscillate making balancine and a stable tps setting a bugger .

It's a bit of a problem doing this as I have to remove handle bars to get the tank up.

I will check this after work when I put it back together.

Wouldn't you know it no RAIN FOR 46 DAYS and finally get bike right and its raining.

if u have a helper u can remove the bolt in the rear then move your tank back around the bar/rpm speedo put the bolt back in and use your tank prop.hth
jmo i think the 12 minute is a waste of time. now if u hauled your bike from sea level to 8000 feet then do a 12 minute tune.

if u have a helper u can remove the bolt in the rear then move your tank back around the bar/rpm speedo put the bolt back in and use your tank prop.hth
jmo i think the 12 minute is a waste of time. now if u hauled your bike from sea level to 8000 feet then do a 12 minute tune.

I never thought of doing that would be easier than taking the bars off.

Was wondering that myself if the 12 minute tune would best be done at a good height above sea level well the highest sealed road in NZ is at 3550 feet.

Which I will be riding over in February.
Might camp the night on the side of the road and do the tune first thing in the morning.

I live in a city at about 20 feet above sea level.

We do have a great road to ride that goes from sea level to about 1500 feet and back to sea level in about 10 miles.

Know as the Christchurch to Akaroa GP.

Best to be riden by cruiser bikes in the afternoon as all the street bikes race in the morning.

Dude it a 06 like mine or its like my 07 at the very least its like my 05 which is a little different but at no time should you have to remove things like the bars to lift the tank. Triumph although having only one more operating brain cell then a dead cow was still a little smarter then that. Post a picture of your gauges and handle bars and I'll point out what your doing wrong.

Last edited:
IMG_20171212_190029.jpg

Yeah it has...that's a rivco riser you have in there ...bottom pic.
Re the 12 min tune...I would do it anyway...whats 12 mins ?? I would have done it immediately after installing the ramair...start the bike and DONT touch the throttle at all until the fan has kicked in THEN 12 mins after that...As you didn't do that, the tune is probably a bit haywire...you have altered the air flow into the throttle bodies so the tune will alter IMHO.

Hi Tal. Couldn't get it to idle some had to do something to get it to idle.

Have sleeves coming over Thursday night I hope with a couple of tunes.

So will take to work tomorrow.

Have ordered new TPS as I think the one I have is stuffed.

Back